My Brag! 100% plus in 4 months exactly.

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Car tart, 25th Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. mickyyyy

mickyyyy Well-Known Member

Mate that is insane!!!

That is proper God Father spec in my eyes, congratulations again!

2. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

damn, I thought i was good
    Was going to brag about ordering coles online, 1kg of normal tomatoes
    and getting the hydroponic tomatoes that are double

devank, Beano, Redwing and 9 others like this.
  3. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

Jeez, I thought I was good having automated some build pipelines in Amazon Web Services (yeah, whatever that means!).

Thank you for the motivation. Able to tell us a bit more about this purchase of yours? As in what made you buy it, your thought process essentially.

Reddy and jprops like this.
  4. Car tart

Car tart Well-Known Member

Thought process:
    price was dropped by about $1 million dollars over a few months. The M9 was supposed to go through this lot but I was sure it would not. (lifted on 20 June 2018)
    So it was on my radar.
    Within 100 metres is subdivisable land and all services In Hills shire.
    This was zoned rural and hawkesbury council is bleeding money and in debt so needs money.
    It is within a square that could easily be rezoned for about 1,000 lots as all council infrastructure, schools etc are in place, within a few hundred metres in a neighbouring council, so all costs are to Hills Shire and all Sec 94 and profits are to Hawkesbury.
    Finally the house is near new (12 years old) but covered in animal faeces from the many injured pets the vendors look after. It is impossible to stay in the house more than a minute. The agent refuses to walk in and he said most people got to the door then turned around and left. I dont need to look in the house for long, so just made a fair offer about $700k below the market value and it was the only offer in 6 months. They accepted it and stayed on as our tenants.

This one is on my radar ATM. 4000 square metres on a corner block with great public transport at the door. 390 Old Northern Road, Glenhaven, NSW 2156

But it has one major fault for me!
    (my mum lives next door)

Gladys, Francesco, Matt98 and 13 others like this.
  5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Can you be my mentor:p

Seriously awsome work, congratulations

Poppy, mickyyyy and Big Daddy like this.
  6. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

7. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

That reminds me so much of one of my investments. The tenant was breeding dogs in the house and it stank! Most buyers walked in, turned around and walked out. I inspected it twice, put in a lowball offer, argued with the REA and eventually negotiated a price. It's been a great buy. Nothing like yours though. That is next level!

8. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

9. icic

icic Well-Known Member

Check out Azure DevOps, it might save your sanity later if your company allows ... Back to the topic, I used to live in south west farm area, know many who have brought their farm for 300k and to sold for 6 mil 15 years later + real millionaires factory there. I am just patiently waiting for developers to approach my door... one day.

10. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

Not only for kids. It's even more applicable to adults. Particularly for the expenses part. Adults who have a good salary often led to believe they were immuned from these, until their holes on the credit cards become too large, and too burnt...:(

Car tart likes this.
  11. Anzhe

Anzhe New Member

Since I'm new here and try to read my way through the forum. I always wonder, when people talk about upcoming city or state developments - where do you get all this information?

12. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

What about advice on women o_O

13. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Run!

Car tart and alicudi like this.
  14. MichaelGarland

MichaelGarland Well-Known Member

so if you were investing in melbourne or geelong . Is it better to buy like a villa unit in a middle ring suburb like St Albans or an a brick house on 600sqm in Corio? or is it better to buy a piece of land and build a new house on it in somewhere like Mambourin? Thanks.

jprops likes this.
  15. Poppy

Poppy Well-Known Member

The bit about drinking, dining out, drugs, fancy cars, gambling.— I was able to indulge in all of these - as well as extensive European travel for ten years —- all without spending hardly any money and investing constantly- simply by hanging out with others, and being a foreign student in Italy and France. And working os. Although i have no interest in drugs gambling or cars. Dated a Porsche dealer once and drove only new Porsches but love my Toyota Yaris better ;)

16. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

My god you have eclectic taste in cars- I love it! The Brumby!? Hahaha!

inertia and Lindsay_W like this.
  17. Poppy

Poppy Well-Known Member

Not comparable to Box Hill but another strange example of crazy Sydney- and with zero infrastructure development (like box hill)

I bought on the beach in northern beaches Sydney in feb 18, thought I overpaid at 2.5 million, and knew I was buying at peak, but it was an emotional purchase/family home so I didn’t care. May 18 — an (identical to mine) old 60s beach cottage sells for 3.4 million. So weird. Apparently the whole world suddenly decided my street was the best in the suburb, and I only just got in with seconds to spare!! We’ve had offers in mid 3s all year. I’d always known the street was gold; huge flat sunny blocks 100m from beach but for this to happen is the icing on the cake :)

18. Car tart

I don’t comment on areas I don’t know, but would never buy a new home for investment.
    Land appreciates- Buildings depreciate,
    It may not always be true, but it sounds good.

Beano likes this.
  19. Car tart

It’s a turbocharged Brumby. And yes I’m a car tart. I’ve raced, Subaru Mitsubishi Nissan and Holden. Not faithful to any one brand.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  20. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

You sound like you're exactly where I'd love to be in 20 years time :cool: My friends always laughed that I would never be the type to cruise around in a Bentley, I'd rather have twenty different cars instead.

Have you considered writing a post in the Investor Stories & Showcase sub-forum? I'm sure a number of us would be thrilled to take a read through your journey.

Car tart likes this.