multiple listings offer put to all agents

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by hoffstar, 21st Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hoffstar

hoffstar New Member

we are interested in a house in a small country Victorian town, listed $179,000, been on the market for months.

We have viewed house with local intown agent and made our first offer of 167,000. Vendor came back with 173,000 we came back at 170,000, vendor is sitting on it over the weekend.

we put 170,000 as our finally limit, we know there is another very similar listing at 170,000.

The property is listed with multiple agents.

My question is, am I legally aloud to give our offer into all the agents listing the property at the same time. Hoping the pressure of all the agents wanting a sale will move vendor to take offer.

guessing I should of already done this, but we dis want to work in town locally and not have to involve other agents.

any advice would be hugely appreciated!!

2. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

What would be the point exactly? It seems like a way to just **** off the seller for no discernible benefit.

3. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

You could, but that may look a little desperate. My uneducated guess would be that they most likely will accept, I would.

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

You will need to sign a declaration that you had/hadn't been introduced to the property by any other agent. So on point working with another agent.

5. hoffstar

hoffstar New Member

Thanks for advice!
    Agent seemed genuinely shocked and a little confused vendor didnt take our offers.
    Have a bit of a feeling why the house has been on the market for a while and didnt previously sell, is vendor has set price. defiantly didn't get a good "vibe" from last conversation with agent.

Fingers are crossed! we will just take the punch if vendor dosent accept and consider our other options.

6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Put a deadline on your last offer, put some pressure back on the vendor and be prepared to walk.

hoffstar and wylie like this.