VIC mt eliza, VIC

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by TMNT, 18th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

just having a sticky beak,

11 Barmah Street, Mount Eliza, VIC 3930

sold for $1.76 mill at auction yesterdya ( according to auction results)

is this correct? 3000sqm odd, seems way too cheap

2. alicudi

alicudi Well-Known Member

Hi

I do follow Mt Eliza a bit, I would say that price is right on the money.

Regards,

alicudi

3. alicudi

4. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

5. alicudi

Hi

Whilst I do know who the current owner of the property is, I can't confirm what suitable use or more importantly the sites highest and best use is as I haven't looked at the zoning and overlays of this particular site.

However if someone were to subdivide it the best I could potentially see is it been cut up into say smaller lot sizes of approximately 1500sqm each or maybe a small nursing home? If someone were to look at smaller lot sizes I am more than certain they would be met with great objection from all the solicitors, lawyers and judges that live around all 3 sides of the property!

Personally I would like it as my own home site.

Regards,

alicudi

6. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

7. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

TMNT and WattleIdo like this.
  8. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

So which one is your old house?

9. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

Sorry next door as indirectly opposite boarding school in the peninsula school

sauber likes this.
  10. johnmteliza

johnmteliza Well-Known Member

11. alicudi

Hi

I am very confused, what does 109 Old Mornington Road have to do with the photos of the building you have attached?

Regards,

alicudi

12. johnmteliza

Hi

This magnificent property was once on the 109 Old Mornington Road site. However, it has since been knocked down. That comment was directly related to your comment about you wishing it was your own home site and if units were likely to be built on the site or not.

13. alicudi

Hi

You are 100% wrong and you don't know what you are talking about. I can confirm Normal Lodge still exists and you are confused, it may have had the same architect though.

Regards,

alicudi

sauber likes this.
  14. johnmteliza

Personally I would like it as my own home site.
    Yes you are right it is located on Nepean Highway not Old Mornington Rd. Thats a relief considering the architecture is stunning. Thanks for clearing that up. The house that was on Old Mornington Rd appears to have been knocked down between 2010 and 2013.

15. johnmteliza

It does appear that 11 Barmah St was undervalued and not sold for its full potential. Community Real Estate unfortunately have occasionally sold properties under market value. So this may be one explanation of why it sold cheaply. The block has been subdivided into 4 separate lots of roughly 780m2 approx. The newly built houses are actually up for sale now. You can seen them here. Interestingly, 29 Mohilla St which is on a 1012m2 block further back behind 11 Barmah St towards Nepean Highway sold for $920,000 in mid 2017. This sale can be representative of the land value as well because there is only a very tiny and poorly kept 2 bedroom house on the block. Therefore, a 3000m2 block further back from 11 Barmah St near 29 Mohilla St could have been worth 2.7M to 2.8M in mid 2017. This is because 11 Barmah St had a block which is roughly 3x the size of 29 Mohilla St. The market median also only grew by $100,000 between late 2016 and mid 2017. So if you deduct the market growth of $100,000, technically 11 Barmah St should have been worth 2.7M to 2.8M back in late 2016 when it was sold. This is considerably higher than the sold price of $1,760,000.

In fact, 11 Barmah St could have been worth 3 million+ today if it wasn’t developed. This is because the market has since grown by approx $300,000 since late 2016. Nonetheless, the developer is reasonably asking 1.45M for each house which is roughly around market value.

16. alicudi

Hi johnmteliza, Not a personal attack but I would have to disagree with your opinion. As per my post made in this thread dated way back from the 19th of December 2016 I stated that the sale price was right on the money for that point in time.

Regards,

alicudi

17. johnmteliza

Hi alicudi, there is no problem with disagreeing. I appreciate your view. It is all speculation anyway.

18. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

Hi JohnMtEliza, without knowing the specifics of the property, land value does not usually usually triple if the size is tripled. Unless you are talking change of use ie becomes a development site etc.

Check Sqm research (I think it is) that has a graph of the price per m2 of land in each suburb. It is typically not a straight line and decreases as size increases, so this might help understanding.

Likely the sale price has determined a fair market price which was agreed between buyer & seller.

johnmteliza likes this.
  19. Spiderman

Spiderman Well-Known Member

They say that imitation is flattery.

Mt Eliza must have some prestige since they're using similar sounding name 'Mount Aliza' to flog an estate on dry western plains towards Melton about as different from the real Mt Eliza as you can get!

Mount Aliza Estate

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF