MsAli is that you and your sister on the front cover of this months API?

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Denise Ellyard, 29th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Hi 911GT3

Thank you for your kind words.

I don't think you should give up - I take it you are buying in Brisbane?

As everyone says - the first one is the hardest - for us it was the deposits, as we were saving with no aim at that time, and I was a shopaholic! If you can afford, don't be concerned re paying $5/$10k more than you would like to secure a property - it definitely does not mean much in the long run.

I have had a laugh reading through my first few threads - not sure what I was doing for numbers, and I was concerned re loosing $2k in rent as the property was under a lease below the market rent; even though we would have bought it undervalue :)

Best of luck!

Lenny likes this.
  2. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Oh well...put it down to experience...by the way the 2 brm villa in Girraween would be about 520-550k today. About 180-200k gain...noice...

3. Property Twins

I have some regrets :) Though, Girraween vs Mounty has been the same $ gain and more in Mount Druitt % wise....in fact it's doubled!

I only think Girraween is a better location from a long term perspective due to the proximity to Parra.

4. Property Twins

5. Lenny

Lenny Well-Known Member

@MsAli - Interesting. I think a few investors would go down the BA for their first IP. Yes, I'm wanting to initially purchase 2 properties in Brisbane. I'll do what you suggest and make contact with @Beanie Girl. Very much appreciated.

@monalisa - Thanks for the words of encouragement and advice too. A BA may even negotiate a better price than I can so they could effectively save the 5-10k I'd be paying them I guess. Like you say though in the long run its a small cost anyway.

Property Twins likes this.
  6. Property Twins

I think the hardest thing for FHB/Newbie investors can be pulling the deposit together. It can be hard especially if you're young and perhaps may not have 'enough' funds (I know it was a challenge for me starting out!). So being new, you end up being cautious about the BA fees as well. 10k would feel like a lot. I'd also suggest you stick to the forum, learn as much as you can, build rapport with the agents and put firm offers! Look at the numbers!!! You can do it.

7. sash

sash Well-Known Member

What were the mounty country numbers like? Buy price and value now....

I have one on the Central coast which has done 100% gain in 5 years...that would mean a 260k increase in value!

The real pearlers are the inner west units in Sydney I bought between 1999 and 2003.....they have gone up 400-500% crazy!

Hope to have a 100% gain on my Brissie purchases also...all under 265k....hopefully that will happen in the next 3-5 years.

fols and Property Twins like this.
  8. 380

380 Well-Known Member

Good one @MsAli and @monalisa !

it goes to show determination to achieve the goal and work towards it, never gets wasted!

every time i have spoken to both girls, center point of topic is Property, then charity and music..

i am sure if you set your minds on bigger goals, you WILL achieve it!

9. Jamie_Monkey

Jamie_Monkey Member

I read the article over the weekend and found it very motivating, congrats ladies.

10. Property Twins

11. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Great example of what hard work, great research and fantastic attitude and a wealth of information (SS) and a great online community can help one achieve. (Or 2 in this case):p

Good on you guys. Great write up and very inspiring story. Keep it going and always look forward.

12. Property Twins

Indeed. Thank you York. :)

13. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Definitely one of the best looking covers I've seen API run :)

The article is a good read. Always nice to hear the story of other investors.

Looking forward to seeing what's next for the property twins!

14. Property Twins

15. Property Twins

Thanks Steven. Yes we are The Property Twins :D :p and have reserved the Aussie domains for the variations. We're aware there was another pair on The Block?

We are looking forward to 'what's next' as well. We met someone incredibly inspiring from SS yesterday morning. So many possibilities out there.

Vision is Key
    As I posted on Somersoft, this was a vision for us. In year 2012 I photoshopped our photo on the cover of API and printed a 4 x 6 image on photopaper. Both @monalisa and I stuck this on our vision boards. We knew it will happen. Just didn't know when.

We have countless other visions which have come true like moving to Australia (was set at 7) and actually our IP vision was also set at around 7 years of age :). The only 2 organisations I've worked for in my corporate career were also visions that I had when I was 15 and 18 respectively.....

I think we just need to ask the Universe what we want and have a strong conviction in what you want and have faith that it will happen no matter what.

For us, moving countries at the age we did (not having the same lifestyles as our peers) and the challenges that come with it coupled with various personal challenges and the sheer drive to make the most of this opportunity has helped us. We were always so inspired and always willing to listen to those who've trodden the path. Though I must say, it's important to make your own decisions to suit your circumstances. We've made some wrong decisions too in the past.......which could have been avoided had we followed our own gut!

Such a long way to go still.....and we couldn't do this without the great people on SS. Some of those who have made a difference for us over the last 5 years are @DaveM, @MTR, @Rolf Latham, @Rixter, @Karina, @Player

Also the friends we have made on here....I think having like minded friends doing similar stuff to you really pushes you to do something...big :)

Last edited by a moderator: 30th Jun, 2015
  16. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

@MsAli – 100% absolutely right about having like-minded friends.

There's much wisdom embedded in the phrase "You are the average of your five closest friends".

Gockie and Property Twins like this.
  17. Property Twins

Thank you Steven :)

As @MsAli has alluded to above - we have met so many amazing people who have made a difference in their own way. So fortunate to have found Somersoft at the right time for us.

We do know we have A LOT to do... that we will figure out in time :) Just have to follow our intuition.

18. Gibson

Gibson Well-Known Member

New to PC. Picked up API and read the Young Investor profiles on the train home. Well done Property Twins, look forward to reading a bit more on where you see the Western Sydney market going.

19. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Excellent, what's next on the agenda?

Mtr:)

20. Property Twins

Brissy and .......:)

Last edited by a moderator: 1st Jul, 2015

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia