Mr "Know it All" Cashflow Positive

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Beachy, 10th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

As my property mentor once said to me "Talk is cheap because it's free". He was referring to people that tried to preach to him about investing in properties and he has a nice chuckle about it because little do they know about his background.

2. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

"The worst advice is free advice"? Something like that. Unless you're on SS or Property Chat of course.

3. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

I dont know if I agree with that, per se but my personal motto/mantra in property is to bother only talking (for free lol!) With those who are actually DOING it, versus others who chatter but arent doing it.

When you ask the 99% of naysayers 'Oh, and how many properties have YOU acquired to enable you give such negative/'NO!'-based advice to me?', the answer is typically 'Um... errr... well, no actually I don't own any properties myself... B..bbuttt I read X who said this and Y who said that and a chart that 'proves' Z, so um thats why I'm telling you you shouldnt do it'.

Experience is worth a shedload more than heresay and conjecture, so those are the people I listen to and choose to engage with.

As for the 1% of investors who actually own portfolios AND who give me negative advice/recommendations, well you can bet your last bread roll that I perk up and pay full attention to them!

Hence my love affair with this community :) I believe that many of the veterans on this forum are the people I should be listening to (for both their 'yes' and 'no' advice).

ellejay, HUGH72 and Beachy like this.
  4. Beachy

Beachy Active Member

Nah, wasn't Nathan. I've dealt with him a few years ago

5. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Nice post, while I'm not looking to take refuge in the false hope of census it is good to read other people's positivity as its infectious. Outside of this forum I don't discuss property with anyone as its best avoided IMO.
    While I don't agree with everything posted as everyone has different experiences around the country it certainly opens your eyes to new ideas and possibilities. For example I had never thought buying townhouses was a good idea but I can see I was wrong its a perfectly viable strategy. I have never focused on mindset and just done something but I can see its benefits.
    I had never written down an end goal but had a blury idea of what we are trying to achieve.
    Experience gained is invaluable.

Beachy likes this.
  6. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

There was a decent number of that lot over at SS...

No doubt now here too, or about to appear.

7. CU@THETOP

CU@THETOP Well-Known Member

And how did that go?

8. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Hilarious....this is what I heard from some of the Brissie agents where there are some SPECUFESTERS saying that you should get 7-8% return Brissie for quality locations. Pigs ****...I say...you would be luck to get 5.5-6%..and that is hard..believe me...!

These agents now give these people a miss...and this includes BAs...who are NFI also!

Tell the young bloke to to you in 15 years....time always tells.

Having said that there will be excellent buying opportunities in parts of Sydney and Melbourne..as that market has some level of asset inflation in CERTAIN suburbs.

Eric Wu likes this.
  9. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Yeah, I reckon there are still some places you could get that yield. There's still some secret spots ;)

10. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I also know where they are ....the question is quality??;)

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia