Move away from "no pricing" on advertising

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Lizzie, 15th Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Interesting - just having a waffle around in one of my old hunting grounds (Merewether NSW) and notice a significant change in how properties are being advertised.

2-3 months ago there wasn't a price on anything - just Auction or Ring or Make and Offer ... but not only have prices appear to have dropped $1-200,000 ... nearly everything has a price, or price guide, on it to try and lure buyers in.

2. TheSackedWiggle

TheSackedWiggle Well-Known Member

Auction was the new black, not any more.

Also noticed many of the sold prices are not disclosed immediately after sale, a year ago it was trumpeted with bells and whistles.

I am getting lots of calls for "Exclusive off market for sale' types offer here in Canberra.

QldKoolies likes this.
  3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Belle around our way are still putting everything to auction - they don't know what private treaty is.

4. QldKoolies

QldKoolies Well-Known Member

Price baiting is still big in Bris, through hidden search prices - which is the only legal way now.

5. TheSackedWiggle

TheSackedWiggle Well-Known Member

I have been mostly tyre kicking lately to auctions locally, the change in sentiment is quite palpable and canberra is suppose to be on the rise at least on index.