QLD Moura

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by bob shovel, 18th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Anyone know what's happening in Moura?

Has a mine closed? Anyone in central qld up to speed. @pinkboy?

Yield @10%+ and quite a few 3x1 houses going for 80-110k, some advertised as mortgagee sales

2. 158

158 Well-Known Member

I would not touch Moura at all.

My best mate from school is originally from there, and speaking to him on the weekend, his parents are stuck there for now as they can't sell their house. They have lived there all their life, and his father was made redundant 12 months ago so they have retired and just travel in the caravan and use Moura house as base.

With Anglo-American selling it's good coal assets, I can't see Moura with much mine life, if it is even operational at all.

Buying in Moura would be financial suicide.

pinkboy

D.T. likes this.
  3. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Hmmm there's talk 60 minutes is doing a TV special, 50% off! :D so should I get 2 or 3 out there?? :p

I thought there was something going on, I did a quick google but not much came up. We lived at bilo a few ago and there was a bit of talk with unions and conditions and life left etc etc

Bilo is holding steady so they must be BAU... For the time being

Thanks @pinkboy

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.