Sports & Fitness Mountain Bikers in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by JayM, 25th Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. JayM

JayM Member

Hi all,

I would describe mountain biking as one of my favourite hobbies, the usual places I visit are Lysterfield (20 min drive) or You Yangs (1:10h drive but shuttle days are worth it).

From time to time I go to not so common places with the Lystie group LDTR.

I was wondering if there is any other MTBiker around so we could organise rides from time to time, that would be a nice way to combine to hobbies: property and MTB

2. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

Hi @JayM - small world, I was the LDTR club treasurer for a couple of years a few years back. I still know most of the guys and ride with some of them whenever I can.

I rarely ride Lysterfield these days, a combination of riding the place to death for so long and now I'm not local up there any more it feels like a chore, (plus I'm not hitting the MTB all that often now either).

Have you been down to Red Hill yet? They've been doing some great things down there. The Arthurs Seat trails have all been formalized/legalized and there's a ripper skills park at the top of the Horse trail at Red Hill South.

If you're more into XC stuff you can do a great 50+ k loop of roadside trail before you even get into the park trails.

Tone.

3. dan_89

dan_89 Well-Known Member

warrenbaynebikepark

First time out at Warrenbayne bike park over the weekend, highly recommended! More downhill and enduro trails but plenty of trails in the pipeline!