Mount Druitt or Paddington

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by JDP1, 23rd Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Would you rather buy in Mt druitt or Paddington, qld -assume same price, property type may differ.
    Eg a house on 600sqm in the druie vs a 2 bed apt in Paddington qld

2. big max

big max Well-Known Member

Paddington any day!

KevinJ likes this.
  3. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Interesting question.
    I live in Paddington. And i would strongly prefer it to mt druitt. Paddington has the best cafe scene in Brisbane and it has Beautiful character and is leafy and many parts of walking distance to the CBD.
    But an apartment vs house normally I would prefer the house to add value. 600m2 will take a granny flat. Having said that, Sydney has to be at peak and the outer suburbs will suffer more from decline from that peak.
    Paddington units tend to be a little boutique because there's not many of them. It's not a suburb that has got a lot of apartments because it's character controlled over almost all the suburb. If someone wants to buy an apartment in Paddington there's not a massive amount of choice compared to suburbs like West End or New Farm/valley with towers so the low rise older apartments in Paddington will be less affected by the apartment oversupply in Brisbane. Also for 600k you could find a townhouse in paddington and that fits in with the Paddington lifestyle quite nicely.

So I would go Paddington with the 600k over Mount Druitt right now unless there was a really great deal in Mount Druitt on a bigger land or something. But really with 600 k I would just be buying a house on a decent block in Stafford or Chermside somewhere inner north with side access that would be the best medium term gains option in my opinion.

KevinJ and Marg4000 like this.