My husband and i signed a lease on a rental and were told a shower leak would be repaired prior to our move in (they left a 3 day window from the previous tenants leaving and us moving in) Upon moving in we indicated on our condition report mould was present, actual fungus was shown in images we provided to the real estate. The place was filthy when we got the keys, there was a cockroach nest, dirt on blinds and shonky painting on walls so we decided to not move in until it had been fixed. (We moved our items in 1 week later but still paid rent for that week) 6 weeks later i started noticing my asthma getting worse and then done day we noticed an actual mushroom growing in the crevice of the bathroom door… notified RE but as it was xmas holidays no action was taken for about 8 days. We left 2 days after finding the mushroom but continued to pay rent ( we knew we’d be penalised if we up and left and stopped paying) They had a builder come in supposedly who didn’t open up the wall to see the extent of damage from the shower leak, they ripped up the lino flooring which was covered in mould and they told us it had been fixed within 3 days - when i say fixed i mean the “builder” removed the mushroom, sprayed the area with colloidal silver and then gap filled any holes and painted over it all. I had a medical certificate from my doctor backing my asthma up and we decided to terminate our lease as this was not treating he actual problem and the mould was extensive under the floor and they refused to open up the walls or rotten skirting so we had to leave due to health. They say they did everything right and it’s not a health issue, never was… We are thinking of going to the tribunal as we have a lot of image and email evidence. We dealt with so many issues in our 6 weeks of renting this place which is why we’re pursuing it… We had a dehumidifier throughout our time, always had windows open etc… We’d like to claim the 3 weeks rent we paid that we didn’t live in the property, we were never offered a rent reduction at any time and dealt with 3 pest treatments due to the cockroaches and ants being so overrun, 2 professional cleans as the cleaner did a terrible job and then the mould…. that was the last straw for us! We've been made out that we are the bad guys and that "nothing is good enough" for us, i don't know about anyone else but i don't particularly want to be inhaling toxic mould spores and fighting off cockroaches every-time i eat food.... there were roaches running through our cutlery draw.. it was gross. The place seemed clean from the outside and we are super house proud people so this really displaced us. We've claimed our bond back so far. The day we moved out i found a pair of shoes that had mould on them and one of our rugs is potentially contaminated after the RE sent us a photo of mould broom and lino on top of our rug. Images are of mould issue under floor, the mould was growing on the timber though but timber not inspected. Last images are from our condition report 6 weeks earlier. All in all we stayed for 8 weeks and payed rent the entire time.