Sports & Fitness MotoGP

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Davothegreat, 16th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

Where's Gary based these days? I thought he was in Andora?

2. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

Great result with Lozenzo winning last night. Spewing that Marquez and Dovi crashed.

3. Davothegreat

Davothegreat Well-Known Member

That crash reminded me of the Doohan and Chili synchronised crash from 1990. Unbelievable.

alexm likes this.
  4. Davothegreat

Wow, last night's race was a pearler! Lorenzo's lap times were like clockwork, never seemed to notice anyone was ever behind him until the very end. I wonder if he soiled his pants when Marquez cut under him at the chicane on the last lap, bloody hell that was close. Looks like Yamaha have some reliability issues with Lorenzo's engine letting go in the morning warmup and Rossi's going in the race. Lucky no one seemed to have any issues with oil on the track after Rossi's departure seeing as though he took 20 years to get off the track and was at one stage on the inside of a corner with it spewing out god knows what.

Where do I sign to see more races like that?

I caught the final 10 lap running of Moto2 and it was decent too.

alexm likes this.
  5. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

All three races last night were classics! My wife and I were stoked to see Lorenzo win but would have been equally happy if Marquez did the job. How great was the final lap!!!

As expected, Miller crashed. I wonder whether HRC will keep his contract for next year as he's not really showing any promising results.

Bring on World Superbikes this weekend and Erzberg Extreme Enduro from Austria this Sunday.

6. Davothegreat

RIP Luis Salom, was certainly a talented rider.

alexm likes this.
  7. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

@Davothegreat , that was terrible news hearing about Luis. RIP.

8. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

The last couple of laps were great between Marquez and Rossi. Shame Rossi won however he was hungrier for the victory.

Ianonne is pretty wild taking out Lorenzo. I was spewing!

Davothegreat likes this.
  9. Davothegreat

Ianone really needs to settle down as this is getting ridiculous. It's no wonder Ducati dropped him in favour of keeping Dovi. I don't deny Iannone has more raw outright speed than Dovi but he needs a couple of years to mature first.

10. Davothegreat

Get in there Jack Miller! After being disappointed Hernandez threw it away in the first race, Miller more than made up for it in the second one. Awesome!

11. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

That was a crazy race! Nice to see Miller take the win.

12. Davothegreat

Another great race this week and another excellent ride from Miller in the rain. Marquez on slicks was a master class though.

alexm likes this.
  13. Davothegreat

I'm not sure what was the bigger feat of the weekend's race... Ducati winning for the first time in 6 years or Iannone not taking someone out... I spent the whole race waiting for him to mess it up, I was almost disappointed when he didn't. In the end, though, a thoroughly deserved win and a great call on the tyres. Hopefully this is the beginning of a smarter Iannone, he's got the talent, just needs to settle down.

alexm likes this.
  14. Davothegreat

Another wet race, another unpredictable result... well done Crutchlow for a great ride. You could tell the pommy commentators wanted to go nuts like the ridiculous "Foggy" 90s era of World Superbikes but I'm guessing their age has caught up with their vocal cords.

What the hell was wrong with Lorenzo!?!?

15. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha! Spot on @Davothegreat !
    I'm stunned with Lorenzo. Not sure what's going on with him. He used to be strong in the wet however something's happened to him. I hope he comes good.

16. Davothegreat

Dominant win by Vinales, amazing we've now had 7 different winners this season, 4 of which were first wins. Puzzled with Lorenzo's continuing lack of form even in the dry. Clearly won't be sending a Xmas card to Michelin.

alexm likes this.
  17. Davothegreat

So the 2017 MotoGP season is well underway and we've seen some great rides from a number of riders.

Disappointing, albeit not surprised, it's taken so long for Lorenzo to be somewhat competitive in red, though he was still miles behind the Hondas. He said something in an interview last weekend about changing the way he used the rear brake. I wonder if that implied he never used it on the Yamaha and needs it now for stability during corner entry? Interesting times...

18. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

What an interesting start to the season. It just gets better every year (though the 500 era was amazing!).
    I had a feeling it would take Jorge a while to adapt to the Ducati. Totally different bike to the Yamaha. Now that they've made some changes and he's back on the podium, I think he'll make strong progress forward. Him and Marquez are my favourite Motogp racers.

19. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

A bit too early for Lorenzo to celebrate i think. yamaha's were hacing issues and plenty of crashes but i hope he keeps at it. Would make the championship so much more exciting to watch.
    I'm becoming a big fan of Zarco!

20. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, how good is Zarco! Sort of like Marquez in that Motogp suits him better than the smaller classes. He's a future Motogp world champion and I think Yamaha will promote him to the factory team when Rossi eventually leaves.

Davothegreat and paulF like this.