Sports & Fitness MotoGP

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Davothegreat, 16th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Davothegreat

Davothegreat Well-Known Member

I was 18yo back then. We watched most of it from around the dipper. I still remember the smell of the Castrol R fuel used in the classic bikes.

Brian84 likes this.
  2. Davothegreat

Casey Stoner has left Honda and signed up with Ducati as a test rider. Come on Ducati, we want a wildcard for Phillip Island 2016... please!

3. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

So stoked to hear this. He's gone back home.

4. S.T

S.T Well-Known Member

Yeh that's great news i think. Fond memories of how he used to ride those Ducati's

5. Davothegreat

Casey back on track at the Sepang test mixing it with the current riders for the first time since 2012. Times aren't too bad either. Come on Ducati, put him on the grid at Qatar and leave him there for the rest of the season.

alexm likes this.
  6. KenW

KenW Member

Put him on the grid at Qatar alright. Maybe Ducati are a little concerned their test rider might show up the factory riders. MotoGP hasn't been the same for me since he left.

Having said that can't wait for the season to start and looking forward to seeing how testing goes at Phillip Island this week.

Davothegreat and alexm like this.
  7. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

Can't wait to get down to Phillip Island in two weeks time for the World Superbikes.

Davothegreat likes this.
  8. KenW

KenW Member

WSBK should have some good battles this year. Lot of guys going fast in testing. Hopefully the weather will be good down there for the weekend!!

Davothegreat and alexm like this.
  9. Davothegreat

Getting close to the start of the season, testing all wrapped up. Surprised at Suzuki's pace with Vinales. Also surprised at how badly Honda is struggling, particularly with Pedrosa. There's a story out today talking about Ducati screwing up their private test dates with Stoner so now he'll be testing after the Qatar GP rather than before it. Will be interesting to see what kind of times he cuts after the track is rubbered in by the GP.

10. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

Stoner is seriously quick. I'm thinking top 5 overall times.

11. Davothegreat

What a race to kick off the MotoGP season. Was a shame Iannone threw it down the road, the boy needs to develop a bit more patience. And holy crap that Ducati still has a huge horsepower advantage. If they can get that chassis to corner like the Yamaha it'll be a championship winning bike.

alexm likes this.
  12. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

This season is going to be nuts! Pretty hard to go past Lorenzo getting it again although I thin Ianonne is the dark horse.

Davothegreat likes this.
  13. Davothegreat

Yep definitely Lorenzo's title to lose. I don't think Marquez will do it this year unless Honda quickly sort out their chassis issues.

14. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

They'll be hard to stop once Casey sorts out the power to handling ratio for their team riders.

15. Davothegreat

Another crazy race. Top riders getting caught out by patchy track conditions and Iannone really needs to back off a bit after 2 crashes in the first 2 races from overdoing it. You don't get points if you're in the gravel.

alexm likes this.
  16. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

This weekend will be nuts. Hopefully the Ducati boys can calm down and grab the top step.

Also hoping we get official confirmation soon that Lorenzo comes across to red... :)

17. Davothegreat

Official confirmation out today, Lorenzo in red for 2017 and 2018. I hope he wins just for being able to read the Rossi excuses in the paper after each race.
    I wonder who'll get Lorenzo's Yamaha seat, apparently Vinales is a strong possibility. Not sure who's really worthy of that seat at the moment...

alexm likes this.
  18. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

Stoked to see Lozenzo on Red. Like you @Davothegreat , I hope he wins to put Rossi in his place. I recall Rossi and Burgess said that it would take them 30sec to fix Ducati's problems when they arrived there... :)

19. Davothegreat

Yep I recall that claim. Kinda sad that Jeremy Burgess was involved with that rubbish too as until then he'd done decent work for a number of riders over a very long period of time and that just made him look stupid.

20. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

Worked on Gary McCoy's car a couple of days ago. Really cool dude. Pity I drove to work that day or I would've got him to sign my helmet.

alexm and Davothegreat like this.