Motivation

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by Simon Hampel, 2nd Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I find if I've got clearly defined goals I'm working towards, it really helps me stay motivated and focused. I wake up each morning knowing exactly why I'm going to have to do all this hard work.

It does help when you can see yourself making progress towards your goals - forward momentum is critical.

If your goals seem to far away, perhaps you need to break things down into sub-steps and work towards a smaller, intermediary goal first - just so you can see that you are making some progress?

tobe likes this.
  2. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Probably helps a lot if you enjoy the product/service in the industry you sell in.

If you're only doing it for the money and hate what you do, you probably won't last very long and also won't be happy doing it either.

3. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Sim is spot on
    you need to have written plans and targets. I find it really motivational to hit or exceed my targets and the time I don't enjoy business is if I get to busy to plan and target, then you feel like you are just keeping the cogs going without getting anywhere.

4. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

Yeh, I like what I do, I just cant get into the 'small stuff'. I bought a book about time management at the airport over the weekend, that should prompt something. However I think the answer is going to be outsourcing some of the detail, or employing someone...

Jess Peletier likes this.
  5. abbyfresh

abbyfresh Well-Known Member

Goals and targets all good to a point. It is the distractions and noise which can be a bigger issue, deviating your mind and bringing you down. Need to be true to your game and remain focused which isn't easy when you have a few too many less favorable business issues in a given week or day.