Most spruiked?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by JDP1, 30th Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
?

Which place is most spruiked?

Poll closed 30th Sep, 2017.
  1. Brisbane

54 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Sydney

7 vote(s)
    9.7%
  3. Melbourne

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. Druie/St Clair etc - ie far flung western sydney

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Adelaide

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. Perth

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  7. USA

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Are you sure you are on the right web site?

MikeyBallarat likes this.
  2. turk

turk Well-Known Member

Does this thread include spruiking the demise of a place?

If this is the case my selection would be Sydney.

3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

[
    Well if you purchased in Syd and Melb in 2013 and LVR to the hilt you would be one happy chappie or chappett:)... and BTW if price point was the issue... then think about this one.....you could have purchased cheap as chips, Mt Druie Baby at $260K, now probably around $560K.

Have you looked at Telstra lately? back down to $3.60 what it was in 2012?

Very much dependent on what, where and when you buy IMHO regardless of asset class.

Last edited: 31st Aug, 2017
    Cia, ellejay, RetireRich101 and 3 others like this.
  4. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

good question but no...the spuiking here refers to only hying a place so that it can (or should) go up in terms of capital values.

5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

OK, what if we spruik only property markets that have achieved what was promised/spruiked:p does that really make that person technically a spruiker....just asking.

Be interested on the stats on the biggest spruikers, damn Simon does not keep these ones...hehe

BTW, did I tell you that my Atlanta properties have made over 300%+ growth :po_O:rolleyes:

6. turk

turk Well-Known Member

I would consider that spruiking is encouraging someone to buy or sell an object so that the spruiker makes a profit from that action

7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

So what that means is all business members are all spruikers?
    Also anyone officially talking up a suburb/State etc. to help drive prices north is also a spruiker.
    Anyone offering an opinion to help support their buy is also a spruiker.

How long is a piece of string.

Now lets look at the defination

From our crowdsourced Open Dictionary. (Australian English) someone who tries to persuade people to buy something, use a service, etc often in a dishonest or exaggerated way. The recent steady rise in property prices has heralded the return of the property spruiker

8. turk

turk Well-Known Member

I would think that the relevant part of the definition is 'dishonest or exaggerated way'.

I have seen that happen here but the poster is usually jumped on from a great height:D

9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Can you name them so we can have some fun, its been very quiet around here lately:p

10. turk

turk Well-Known Member

Nah, I just like to load the gun, you can fire the bullets.:oops:

MTR likes this.
  11. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

If the results match the spruiker..yes..person is still a spruiker. Just that a successful one with foresight and wisdom :)

MTR likes this.
  12. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

You forgot about the Gold Coast ....big max is doing the work of a dozen spruikers.

13. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

it happens a lot here - esp when certain ppl are so passionate about their suburb for example the capital "L" some newer investors think it is like the promised land and then suddenly either tenant did a runner, lose money, hard to rent out, minimal CG yet when being outlined - they don't want to be called out expensive GF that would cost the same to build a house in other states, massive housing commission build (reducing average incomes etc - list goes on). There are so many ppl who PM telling of trashed place, no dev potential and just wasted efforts.

MikeyBallarat, Starlite and wa2 like this.
  14. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

LOL @melbournian you and Sash should be crowned for platinum Logan Basher award.

15. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Hey Melbournian...absolutely agree...ask any person who is from Brissie and they will not go anywhere near lower socio Logan....it is only Southern investors and most of them are young and following the pied piper.

Unlike Melbourne....Brisbane does not have a 100,000 people coming in....and as a result have not moved as much. They will in time...

But what really surprises me is the masses of idiots with no experience investing or very little wanting to put GF or build T/H, Villas, units thinking it is the fast road to riches. These people are clueless to how expensive it is to build in Brisbane...the build cost in Melbourne is 30% cheaper...and to add insult to injury the medium density product has poor demand in areas like Logan and even parts of Moreton Bay.

These same people made small amounts in Sydney and all of sudden they are super property investors? Are you kidding me?

16. ndpjai

ndpjai Well-Known Member

Good insight in your msg. Spoke to lot of Brisbanites when asked for investment all Said 'big no' for Logan and surrounds and even Inala/Durack and darra pockets too

17. sash

sash Well-Known Member

So what does that say? When you don't have supply constraints why would you buy in Logan Central, Woodridge, Inala, Goodna, or Kingston...it does not make sense....

MikeyBallarat likes this.
  18. RetireRich101

Oh wow people are so knowledgeable about Logan, always refer to the same ole 3 low social economic suburbs

There are 60+ suburbs in Logan city. If the SES don't tickle your fancy, then there are still alot of suburbs..

This is like saying I don't like Tregear, Bidwill, Whalan hence I will not invest in Blacktown. some people are so naive

upload_2017-8-31_18-36-2.png

19. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

soo true

20. RetireRich101

alright you confused the F out of me....which is the blue chip now? Mt Druitt or Telstra :)