Mortgage discharge

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by erorxxx, 17th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. erorxxx

erorxxx Well-Known Member

Hi ,

My IP loan split in to two one being the initial loan and the second one is the equity access on same IP. So basically both loans related to one IP .

if i refinance the loans, do i need to pay mortgage dicharge and mortgage registration twice ?

Thank you :)

2. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

No. Mortgage is a legal 'stamp' that is registered against your title when a lender takes it as security for a loan. Regardless of the number of loans or the amount, there is only one stamp.

3. erorxxx

thanks tobe, I only need pay once for both mortgage discharge and registration?

4. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

Discharge is a fee lenders charge to have their solicitor find your title out of the banks storage and attend settlement. Registration is a state based tax that applies whenever you touch the title, when you change mortgagors (change banks) mortgagees (title holders/borrowers) sell or buy.

5. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

The mortgage is registered on title with the title held at the land titles office. When you move banks the mortgage has to be lifted or discharged. There is a land titles fee for that in addition to the lenders discharge fee - they put a bit on top for their efforts too. When you register a new mortgage for a new loan there is an additional fee. In NSW the fee for each is about $126 from memory

6. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Some lenders (ANZ in the past ) sometimes register a second mortgage over the first to secure further advances......... made no sense............. but hey they hold the cash. In that case you can get stuck with more than one Gov mortgage discharge fee

ta

rolf

7. erorxxx

thanks guys :)