Mortgage broking in the UK. Anyone know about it?.

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Maadha, 10th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Maadha

Maadha Well-Known Member

Hi guys,
    Wondering if anyone has ever been.Or knows anything about becoming a mortgage broker in the UK.
    Moving out there and I'm considering a career change as part of the move. Tried a quick Google search but there is nothing even close to this forum that I could find in UK.
    Thanks.

2. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

Don't know too much, but from recent consultations on Aus market and int comparisons; Pretty sure it's a fee for service model (like planners), loans are much shorter maturity (refinanced quicker, discharges quicker), and I believe a smaller proportion of total loans are originated via the broker channel than compared to Aus.

3. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

They sell insurance such as life, death and income protection as well as home and contents to supplement the income.

Fixed rates are more popular as well I believe and a higher churn rate.

I think they get an upfront but no trail.

4. Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor Well-Known Member

Number of excellent Property Forums in the UK where the UK Mortgage Broking market is far more mature than ours.

Costs of entry and operation are a lot high than here where Brokers are similar to Financial Planners.

Many lenders pay an upfront commission but nearer 0.25-0.5% with no trial so very much a fee for service.

5. Maadha

Maadha Well-Known Member

Sorry to be a pain but any forums you could share please as.the ones.I've found aren't very active. Well not as much as PC anyway.

Thanks