Mortgage broker required for PPOR which may evolve into a IP

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by PaulP86, 23rd Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. PaulP86

PaulP86 New Member

Hi all,

My partner and I are looking to purchase a property along the coastline in Melbourne's south east which a budget of around 1.3Mish. We both have stable jobs however our circumstances may change where we may be moving to Adelaide for her work so we would need to rent it out whilst we are in Adelaide with the potential to return to Melbourne down the line.

There are also ambitions to own properties nd businesses purely for investment purposes which may require some more borrowing so looking someone who can pivot and get the best outcome for us as our circumstances may change. We currently have no debt at the moment. Any recommendations are welcome.

Lindsay_W likes this.
  2. Curious2019

Curious2019 Well-Known Member

What is your income and savings like at the moment?

One risk I see is that renting a 1.3mil property could result in a low rent yield so you will need to ensure you have funds to top up the loan repayments while paying for housing in Adelaide. Not to say it can’t be done, just Need to have a buffer to do so

PaulP86 likes this.
  3. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

All comes down to borrowing capacity, current and future serviceability can be projected to give a 'plan of attack' based on differing scenarios, based on today's numbers.
    Do this kind of modelling fairly regularly, with a mix of commercial/business/asset finance as well

4. PaulP86

PaulP86 New Member

our combined income would be about 250k I would say and we have about 380k in savings. Being able to borrow the amount shouldn't be a problem and being able to service the loan shouldn't be a problem too.

5. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

I guess the thread title could Be PPOR becomes IP for a while then PPOR again.

Different finance structures for a PPOR thats an IP for a while vs IP for ever due to new PPOR purchase

ta
    rolf