QLD Morningside townhouse

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by hash_investor, 4th Feb, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Guys, looking to add a townhouse to my portfolio in Brisbane. How is morningside in your opinion I don't see it much discussed here it is within 5K to the CBD and waterside as well. The proximity to work and public transport look great. How does that sound to you?

2. sharon

sharon Well-Known Member

Morningside is a great area. Easy access to trains and shops and close to the city. Some good schools in the area. I like it.

3. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

I'd buy a house in that area over a townhouse. In fact, in Brisbane, I'd only buy houses.

Hessi13 likes this.
  4. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Is it because houses are generally preferred in QLD for OO housing?

5. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

I think so, Brisbane still being affordable.

6. Mat Stewart

Mat Stewart New Member

Hi, I am looking to invest around the Brisbane area and possibly rent this out to defense housing Australia. We are looking at Townhouses. In your opinion is Morningside a "good" area to invest in, as well as general area? Town houses in any direction of Brisbane city. Within 20km radius. Thoughts please...?

7. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

I find DHA very easy to talk to in preparation for purchase or development.

Defence people do work around Brisbane, but most are in northern side.

If DHA need property in morningside, it is a good place to live. For investment (ignoring DHA for a moment) there are plenty of townhouses there. I would try to sneak into Hawthorne or Bulimba, for cap gain.

Good luck

8. polishka

polishka Member

Morningside is a comparatively large suburb so there are naturally more desirable pockets (e.g. close to Riding Road). I think you could do much worse given it's proximity to CBD, transport options, parks and abundance of shops/restaurants/cafes. Nicely wedged between more prestigious suburbs such as Norman Park and Hawthorne also. For folks priced out of freestanding houses, I'd certainly be looking at townhouses near Riding Road or within walking distance to Morningside Train Station - we owned a large 230sqm+ town home as PPoR around 3 minutes walk from here up until 2021 and it was very convenient.

Currently about to build our PPoR on the Morningside/Seven Hills boundary... so we like it!

Google Maps

9. Nathan Prasad

Nathan Prasad Well-Known Member Business Member

Did you end up purchasing that townhouse? You would have done really well, that market has taken off dramatically.

10. polishka

polishka Member

Yes we lived in the townhouse for around 5 years and sold in early-mid 2021. At that time, house prices were cooking but we found it difficult to sell the townhouse. We eventually did, but could have achieved much more if we held for another year. Upside is that we managed to buy a large block with house (since demolished) around the corner under market value in mid-2021 which has appreciated since.