QLD Moreton Bayish...

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by PretzelMan, 15th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. PretzelMan

PretzelMan New Member

After some thoughts people. Apologies I am a bit of a rookie here.
    Looking at investing in northern Brisbane, considering townhouses in Woody Point and houses in Deception Bay. Thoughts on growth potential over next 10-12 years in these areas ?

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I think good growth because if you stick near the bay, long term there would be more demand for the amount of supply, now that the rail has gone in. IMO the area should gentrify and become more desirable for families (rather than only being retirees and pensioners).

Personally I would go for the "full house" as close to the bay as possible in the Redcliffe Peninsula. Rule of thumb is "East of Oxley" - much of the area is Urban zoned and Next Gen zoned so it has potential for higher density, great for owners. But if you are on a budget you'll struggle to be able to buy something. So still go as close to the bay as you can though.

Deception Bay, have a look at the area. You could pick up something in the Urban or Next Generation Zone - that would be my focus. In my opinion, you don't go there for the bay... its quite a disappointment (quite apt for the name), but check it out yourself. Again, go for the full house on land preferably. The good thing is, it's still very affordable and has a lot of potential for price rises.

Last edited: 15th Mar, 2017
    David Shih likes this.
  3. PretzelMan

PretzelMan New Member

Much appreciated thanks for taking the time to reply

Gockie likes this.
  4. abbyfresh

abbyfresh Well-Known Member

Is there a map for this Urban and Next Gen zones you are referring to?

5. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

You should be able to access it through the Moreton Bay council website

6. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Just be aware that infrastructure charges are high for development in Moreton Bay. $22k for each additional 2-bedder and $28k for each additional 3-bedder.

Eats into development profits. i.e. Knock down a house and build 4 x 3-bedder townhouses and you would be paying $84k in contributions ( 3 x $28k ).

David Shih, Heinz57 and mcarthur like this.
  7. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I would be thinking a house in Woody Point, closer to CBD. Or back in Strathpine/Petrie/Bray Park leveraging off the train /university. These suburbs have already increased in the last three years. Anywhere on the peninsula requires travelling to the new train stations unless you get something really close within walking distance. In that case it will probably be a long way from the waterfront. There is a tiny sweet spot near Klinger Rd.

Rolo and Tman88 like this.
  8. rookie101

rookie101 Well-Known Member

Our bray park gained over 10% equity last year without even touching it. It needs cosmetic renos also (we bought under value) bring on the uni!

JAW and Kevvy7 like this.
  9. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member