Moreton bay

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Ethantheeel, 20th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Natedog

Natedog Well-Known Member

Personal opinion, Victoria point has a small shopping precinct on colburn avenue close to the bay and Thompsons beach which has a bit more of a coastal village vibe to it than the newer estate sections to the west of Redland bay road. I figure if you can get a property which is at least closer to the Victoria point primary school, colburn shops and Thompsons beach where new supply can't be added, it should do well in the long run. I just prefer east of Redland bay road and as close to water as possible, it's the "feel" I get when I drive through there.

Property Twins likes this.
  2. Natedog

How did you go?

3. Ethantheeel

Ethantheeel Active Member

Put an offer in for two places. One knocked back. The other yet to hear. Been nearly a week which is a pain. Plus my phone decided to **** itself. Trouble getting return calls and emails from agents. Will have to take a trip in a week or two if work commitments allow.

4. Natedog

Hope it goes well for ya!

5. Showbags

Showbags New Member

Hi everyone, first post.

Looking at an IP in the Redcliffe area, specifically the Kippa Ring area due to proximity to Rail and cheaper entry prices (though am more than open to other areas, perhaps Scarborough).

My questions for the learned members of this forum:
    • Bit worried about the new Stockland development called the Isles of Newport which is looking to build 1500 new units and townhouses in that region, just above the Kippa Ring. What are peoples thoughts on this especially in regard to oversupply issues? What sort of effect will this have on property prices in the short and long term (as they are being built and sold)?
    • What in the area looks a better bet? Units/townhouses or detached dwellings? Will the new Stockland development mean an oversupply of units/townhouses and therefore should I be looking to stick with houses (or to get out of the area entirely)?
    Thank you for your help.

6. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Good fun.
    Hope it all works out as well.