Moreton Bay

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by caitell, 30th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. caitell

caitell New Member

Hi all, New to the forum.
    My wife and i have a few investment properties in the Moreton Bay area Redcliffe, Woody point. As we did our research before we purchased we looked at infrastructure that is driving the area and what is planned for the future. All the talk was the light rail system and how when it was completed it would completely change the area now that it was accessible to Brisbane by rail. Huge migration to the area, House prices would soar, Right by the water, Etc. Now the the talk is when the university is finished the the same thing is going to happen.
    My point is when the rail line was connected the Real estate prices in the area have hardly changed at all. Will the university or all the spruiking of Moreton Bay and Brisbane finally start prices to move?.

2. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Patience. I'd personally be happy with a 50% lift in prices by 2025, ecstatic if higher. I've had my Deception Bay Property since mid 2015 and my Petrie Property since late 2016.

I'd actually like to see the rail line extended from Kippa-Ring to Redcliffe. A crazy decision to end the line at Kippa-Ring. It would be so much better for the area to extend it to Redcliffe. The line would probably get double the utilisation.

Redcliffe had the big jump in the 2012 to 2016 period (about 90k jump in median from 2012 to 2016). Did you miss the jump. When did you buy into the area?

3. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

The main challenges for all these areas is the proportion of owner occupiers and investors. Families drive price growth and at this stage there is an imbalance. Also there are still a lot of op shops (Salvos etc) etc in the area so it will be a while until things change sufficiently to see major growth. As with most cycles that happens inner / middle ring and ripples out..

4. caitell

caitell New Member

Yea thanks wombat, I know its patience, I am not having ago at the waiting im prepared to wait. We have only had properties in the area for five years, So we have had some capital growth on the properties. I would have thought the Redcliffe area would performed better than it has. What a great place real close to the beach, Airport, New university and all other amenities and you can still buy for under 400k. You would not find an area on the east coast of Australia with what its got to offer for the price.

5. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Top 10 property hotspots in Australia
    These are the 10 best locations in Australia for property investors seeking capital growth in their next investment, according to Hotspotting:

1. Sunshine Coast, Queensland
    2. Marion, South Australia
    3. Bendigo, Victoria
    4. Moreton Bay Region, Queensland
    5. Stirling, Western Australia
    6. Darebin, Victoria
    7. Port Adelaide Enfield, South Australia
    8. Mackay, Queensland
    9. Joondalup, Western Australia
    10. Latrobe Valley, Victoria

Source: Top 10 Places in Australia Tipped for Growth in 2020 | Canstar

KingBendtner and wombat777 like this.