QLD Moreton Bay 2018-2019

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Angel, 6th Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member Premium Member

I dont want Southerners to buy in as investors but as euphoric residents.
    We were talking to our Real Estate agent at Redcliffe/North Lakes last month about selling up and retiring (we carry a huge debt), he wouldn't let us even contemplate selling the house at NL. He immediately talked us out of a listing.

2. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Well-Known Member

Ronald86 likes this.
  3. Angel

Heinz57 likes this.
  4. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Well-Known Member

Or they just think the Gold Coast is overpriced.

No big wave beaches in Melbourne either. Places with a beach and cafe culture like Brighton, Sandringham, Mordialloc and Chelsea etc are not cheap. I think they are onto the secret of Redcliffe

5. Gockie

Gockie Problem solver Premium Member

Just like Sydneysiders. We like beach and water. But it's simply so damn expensive in Sydney. Not a problem in Brisbane.
    For about the same price as a Mount Druitt house (not a great area of Sydney, roughly 38km inland from city and 44km from the coast), you can have a house a stone's throw from the water in Brisbane.

Screenshot_20190126-191949_RP Data Pro.jpg

6. Angel

Kindred's DA for hotel and two towers at Newport has been rescinded and another DA has been submitted for approx half as many apartments instead. This would probably be far more palatable to the locals. I dont have a problem with hotels and short term accommodation outside the CBD, I welcome it. It was the apartment towers I objected to last year. This new application removes the hotel and function rooms and short-term accommodation. ???
    (Maybe Comiskeys who own Eatons Hill and Sandstone Point objected)

We drove past last weekend and the new Stockland retirement apartments have their scaffolding down. They look really nice, like the boutique apartments at Newstead in Brisbane.

I still think it is all oversupply, but like Petrie and similar, just because a DA has been submitted, doesn't mean it will be built overnight. All this gentrification up on the Peninsula has to be good, doesn't it???

Attached Files:

7. Angel