More predications for 2017

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by MTR, 29th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

One for the mortgage brokers.... Where are your clients buying??? I just like to ask??

2017 predictions on how Australian house prices will perform

• Dec 27 2016 at 7:25 PM - AFI (Extract below)
    (Edited for copyright infringement)

Perthguy and Gockie like this.
  2. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

"Analysts and most investors hold the view that prices in Perth still have some way to go – down."

^^^this

willair likes this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Perth - Yes combination of oversupply, population decline and developers not responding. Builton went bust last week, some real pain for businesses/contractors

Perthguy likes this.
  4. big max

big max Well-Known Member

I'll buy Perth at the right time. I think it's getting close to bottoming out.

5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

That's what some have been saying for the last 12 months, I think we are some way off only because we have not replaced mining, highest job rate in Australia and on top of this I think rents have taken a 15-20% drop due to oversupply. I will sit back and watch, once I see signs that the economy is going in the right direction and property stock is shrinking then I will look at developing again. At the moment none of my development sites make any sense.

big max likes this.
  6. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

I like what Alan Kohler had to say. This via Property Observer.

Alan Kohler says there is no property bubble, just real demand

Commenator Alan Kohler has written that the demand for Sydney and Melbourne property is real, not speculative.

He says it was prompted by super-low interest rates, the global trend to urbanisation, the well-heeled baby-boomers downsizing to make up for inadequate superannuation and China’s capital outflow.

"But regrettably it seems that the demand for Sydney and Melbourne property is real, not speculative, prompted by super-low interest rates, the global trend to urbanisation, well-heeled baby-boomers downsizing to make up for inadequate superannuation and China’s capital outflow."

Last edited by a moderator: 31st Jan, 2017
    WattleIdo likes this.
  7. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Is Barnaby selling investment properties in Tamworth? Or are his comments just genuine?

And would there be room for Pistol and Boo?

WattleIdo likes this.