VIC Mordialloc vs Chelsea

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by UglyDuck, 16th Jun, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. UglyDuck

UglyDuck Member

2. jazzsidana

jazzsidana Well-Known Member

Mordialloc suburb is much much better compared to Chelsea. But this particular property is super close to airport. Noise can be little bit of issue

On the other hand, Chelsea property is closer to the beach and the reserve.

I'll always prefer Mordialloc burb over Chelsea but may be little away from the airport!

Cheers,

3. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Mordy is a very vibrant locale. Great cafes, near the beach etc.

Be aware that the small training planes that use Moorabbin Airport do a circle over most of the nearby suburbs. I get them and I’m 3 km away.

It isn’t a problem though - they are small planes never long haul jets (well apart from Anzac Day when you get a few old fighter-type planes).

Westminster and UglyDuck like this.
  4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I second what the others said. Mordialloc is one of my favourite places in Melb but I would try and get closer to the train station which means closer to the best part - beach, cafes and other lifestyle and easy commute to the city on the Frankston line.

UglyDuck likes this.
  5. Baza

Baza Active Member

Like for like property Mordy hands down. That bit closer in, nice cafes and restaurants with better schools. However it depends on the property, if you’re commuting you want to be near the station and if you live in these areas the closer to the beach the better. That Mordy home doesn’t give you any of the upside of Mordy plus it may fall under the airport overlays which restricts potential development. Chelsea property is closer to the beach and station so I’d pick that one.

UglyDuck likes this.
  6. UglyDuck

UglyDuck Member

Thanks Jazz, Joynz, Westminster and Baza.

I agree that Mordialloc is closer to the City, a more vibrant place with all fancy stuffs. But that particular house is way too close to the airport and too far from the station. And not a walking distance to the beach.

I think I know what is the answer.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia