Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

QLD morayfield or park ridge

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Matt Hartney, 18th Jul, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Matt Hartney

Matt Hartney Member

Hey everyone looking to buy some land in either morayfield or park ridge obviously park ridge is closer to the cbd but with the rail way going in on the north side the prices have increased I believe it will push out to morayfield any help would to push me in the right direction would be great.

Cheers Matt.

Tekoz and Whitecat like this.
  2. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Morayfield is basically a southern suburb of Caboolture they are kind of one in the same in a lot of ways. Morayfield has that really nice big park with the fountains that as you drive up past you end up in the middle of Caboolture so one advantage of buying in Morayfield is you have all of the infrastructure of Caboolture.
    Morayfield has quite a large mall also which is really the mall for Caboolture.
    it's also close to Bribie Island which is quite beautiful. There is an express train available from Caboolture actually a few of them so that could be useful if you need to get into the city. I think as far as your land purchase goes though it's important that you stay close to the infrastructure don't go too far away from the mall Caboolture train station Caboolture Central etc and I think you'll see much better gains that way even if you end up getting a smaller block

AlbertWT likes this.
  3. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Tekoz and Whitecat like this.
  4. Matt Hartney

Matt Hartney Member

Thanks for that information I'll be building a 4 bedroom house on the land I'll be purchasing it's the new estate lake side morayfield. Obviously park ridge has alot of infrastructure going in aswell and is closer to the cbd which do you see performing better in a 10 year look out?

Tekoz likes this.
  5. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Yeah, investing or living in Park Ridge is getting better, assuming you bought the H&L package last year.

@Matt Hartney Park Ridge is good location to invest if you prefer new housing estate.
    or else, choose Crestmead which is the next suburb next to Park Ridge for existing house.

In General, this particular Logan City Council location is primed for growth.

6. Whitecat

How close to train?

Tekoz likes this.
  7. Matt Hartney

Matt Hartney Member

5 minute drive with the new rail going in will drive prices out there what do you think

8. Whitecat

I would spend the money on something walking distance to train for better gains
    imo only

9. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Is there a new rail at Morayfield?

10. Gockie

Gockie I'm an ISTP-A female, so I might be a bit quirky! Premium Member

Can you buy closer to the CBD in any direction? They are both quite far out and with lots of available land around, this doesn't tend to help your resale value. And look for walking distance to trains, not a drive to trains...

Last edited: 21st Jul, 2016
  11. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member