Modern Hamptons/coastal chic/ contemporary mix

Discussion in 'Styling & Decorating' started by Sackie, 7th Jan, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

IMO Navy won't date, as long as you don't over-do it eg the Notebook house has blue shutters.
    ryan-gosling-as-noah-in-front-of-house-in-the-notebook-1530891514.jpg
    A friend of mine has had navy cabinetry in the kitchen for about 20 years - she called it 'cheap and cheerful' back in the day, but it still looks good. Navy is one of those classics,like brown and aubergine, which calms the place down. I'm also considering blue cabinetry and I'm kind of contemporary-traditional, if there is such a thing.
    What will date, however, is the gold / copper. Personally, I dislike it, having already lived through a long hangover of this style. However, it seems to be having an extended hey-day, just like grey did, and you may as well go with the flow, especially if you like it..
    Regency seems to have a masculine appeal. I find it attractive too but put it next to white, natural timber and a little ticking, Hamptons wins every time - so simple.
    Anyway, navy is a classic.

Sackie likes this.
  2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Tbh since researching this style, "Holywood Regency", I actually love it more than pure modern contemporary. I think it is a mixture of all the things I like, timeless elegance, traditional elements and some contemporary finishes.

My next ppor will be this style now.

Codie likes this.
  3. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

I really like most of this one, 2 of the bathrooms are a bit dull and ensuite is good without being great.
    Laundry, kitchen & outdoor kitchen - yes.
    Overall house is very very nice.

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Agree. Like most of it except 1 bathroom is horrible. I will probably glam it up slightly more but that's gonna be the theme for one house. Now working on the second.

Last edited: 9th Jan, 2020
    Brady likes this.
  5. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

Imagine once they actually get all their furniture and style it, hopefully you jag a couple emotional buyers that pay overs! if it doesn't sell il buy it :)

Love the blue/gold combo, wainscoting/moulding, regency theme.. its really the only style that actually triggers an emotional response myself haha

6. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Sackie likes this.
  7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

The blue and gold theme will be one home, that's for sure. :)

8. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I'd chosen Highgrove vanities, and I'd also seen Vanity by Design (I think I bought our downstairs vanity from them).

But we've chosen instead to have the kitchen cabinetmaker do the bathrooms. I thought this sounded expensive, but for multiple townhouses, I've learned we won't pay any more to have them custom made.

Wouldn't that be an option @Sackie - or is it because it is only two houses that the economies of scale don't favour this option?

9. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

10. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I've gone custom for my new builds and the builder got an amazing price. Like ridiculously crazy. It's because he doesn't order just 2 kitchens but like 20 in one go, so I get alot of the savings. I suspect your builder is probably doing the same. Just goes to show you the insane mark ups renovation companies charge for custom.

For renos though, I'd 90% of the time go non custom and get tradies to install, unless you're able to order it through a builder. My builder offered to do this for me for my renos but I decided against. Just easier getting from HG etc.

Last edited: 12th Jan, 2020
    wylie likes this.
  11. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

This is my idea, budget permitting :D

Screenshot_20200107-100805.png

Brady, Leeroy93 and Archaon like this.
  12. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

Sackie hamptons.JPG

Saw this image and it reminded me of this thread, how are things going with it @Sackie ?