Moderators not taking action

Discussion in 'PropertyChat Community & Website' started by LibGS, 26th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Special order

Special order Well-Known Member

Achtung!! Achtung!!

Just letting you know there is some unruly behaviour going on in the managing rent rise thread. Take heed

2. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

No no please don't. I'm waiting on this thread with bated breath! It's like knowing Santa Claus is not true but still secretly hoping he is.. Same same with this thread, knowing it's rubbish and going to be a let down but still following it anyway..

JenW likes this.
  3. JenW

JenW Well-Known Member

Just get your popcorn and a comfy seat Greyghost :D

D.T. likes this.
  4. Coota9

Coota9 Well-Known Member

Beats watching paint dry..almost!!

5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I
    I reported this guy at at least 1 week ago spruiking USA land, on the thread I started Atlanta USA

I think his post has yet to be deleted, his stuff is rubbish, time waster, what is the term, tyre kicker and spruiker combined.

Last edited: 4th Oct, 2015
  6. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

I'm sure Sim has a long list of reported ppl he needs to get through.

I think he and the moderators do an excellent job. I'm sure we aren't an easy mob to manage.

D.T. likes this.
  7. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Unfortunately what may be seen by one person as a gross breach of forum etiquette may to the mods just be an acceptable discussion between adults. It is very much in the eye of the beholder and I doubt the mods purposely ignore requests for moderation. More likely they deem them fine.

OC1 and D.T. like this.
  8. Waldo

Waldo Well-Known Member

My experiance is also that the mods are pretty prompt if action needs to be taken. The times it stays up longer mean a) that action isn't required, or b) its a grey area so they are waiting on a group consensus from the other mods.

To be honest I think some people just need to get over it. While it is possible that things could be construed as a personal attack, most of the time its just a general comment. The whole world doesn't revolve around specific people - everything being said isn't nesscarily about them.

Whats the saying, build a bridge? Or use the ignore button. Plenty of options.

DaveM, Biz, Perthguy and 2 others like this.
  9. OC1

OC1 Well-Known Member

Storm in a tea cup comes to mind

10. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

, or c) it's a weekend (or long-weekend!) and the mods are out enjoying life !!

11. devank

devank Well-Known Member

Just finished reading 7 pages on this thread.... seriously people here have absolutely nothing to do (including me!)
    It was like tuning Radio frequencies :)

12. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Do we dare say the mods are now taking too much action?? with regards to everybody's favourite publican thread ;)

And what's happening with the other crowd favourite star of David? We all know it's the same guy

These guys are going to get me booted with their malarkey!

13. Simon Hampel

That's what the ignore system is for.

14. Waldo

Waldo Well-Known Member

Doubt it mate.

15. redsquash2

redsquash2 Active Member

You have made the assertion that scientific opinion is the only criteria by which opinions can be validated. That isn't necessarily true . There is a moral perspective and a religious perspective and a few other I cant be bothered to think of.

Where do I stand , well of course scientific opinion is the only way to go and ill informed unscientific opinion is a silly stance to take , but still an opinion which you cant block because you don't like it

16. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

Am I the only one banned from that thread for 1 week?

bob shovel likes this.
  17. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Nope! It seems that I'm not allowed to post at all.

It appears that our publican can be as shifty as he likes and all the rest of us get punished for calling a spade, a spade.

18. SonOfTrigger

SonOfTrigger Well-Known Member

I have been banned from the pub thread too - no message, just the ban stick. Perhaps someone is a bit touchy about 4 pages of posts that were deleted being commented on?

19. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Me to! Gangster life

20. Simon Hampel

No, I'm just sick of people constantly derailing that thread - you lot are all acting like a bunch of school yard bullies picking on the new kid just because he does things a bit differently. Demanding instant gratification and then bitching and complaining when you don't get your way ... what are you all - teenagers?

I deleted those posts for a reason and I have no intention of letting you all derail the thread again.

I'm not targeting any individual specifically - there were lots of posters who I thought were completely out of line with what they were posting.

None of you are interesting in commercial property anyway (if you were, you wouldn't have behaved that way) - so why bother posting in that thread?

If you have a complaint - email me and I'll deal with it directly. If you have a problem with what someone else is posting, report it and let the mods deal with it.

I think this thread lost its purpose a long time ago - so I'm going to close it.

EN710 and Random Username like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.