Modelling cost of purchase and ongoing fees associated with Purchasing in QLD, SA, WA?

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Robin M., 22nd Apr, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Robin M.

Robin M. Active Member

I am trying to establish an excel sheet to model the cost of purchasing and ongoing fees when purchasing a free standing house, or an apartment in the various states? I realise some of these would be specific to the value of the property, the type (flat, townhouse, duplex, house) and the location (different councils), but it would be great to ensure i have a good grip of the various considerations.

Could anyone point me in the right direction and/or even better share an excel sheet they developed?

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

The best modelling software is PIA from Somersoft. $245 for the basic version or $495 for pro. From the founders and former owners of this forum.
    PIA Software

However all fields are user inputs and not a database of standard costs. It deals with all sorts of variables incl growth, cashflows, tax and more. Its also very complex. Used by most property professionals to model various matters.

That said it may also be about as unreliable as the modelling assumptions. eg using past few years growth would be optimistic. Interest rates assumptions. Future costs and rent growth.

Last edited: 22nd Apr, 2022