Mindset - especially for jobseekers

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Gockie, 21st Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Last edited: 21st Apr, 2017
    mouseburger and Scott No Mates like this.
  2. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Ye
    Haven't read the article,, but true going by the title.
    Not just applicable for those seeking a job, applicable also to progress vertically in a job. This is also a good way to kick start a stalled job or one that may be stale - find a problem and solve it as opposed to (or in addition to) the daily grind..
    It's tough to do and maybe unsuccessful the first (maybe few) times...but lots of learnings along the way and gets easier.
    I remember back in the day, I was drowning my sorrows at a hotel bar in the Midwest US and struck up a conversation with another random patron...he was working for Dow chemical. He told me exactly this ( title of the thread) and how he did it- he accredits that for him getting 3 promotions.

Last edited: 22nd Apr, 2017
    mouseburger and Gockie like this.
  3. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Wealth is about creating value for others multiplied as much as possible.

Spot on

4. mouseburger

mouseburger Well-Known Member

Worked for me - this is how I made several sideways career moves with a salary increase every time. But there are so many people who want a promotion but can't say what problem they solve and don't want upskill. They only see it as extra work, not an career investment. Then they whinge about not getting promoted or their job becoming obsolete because times have changed.

Xenia likes this.