Mindarie WA: Blackminster Joint Venture 4 apartments

Discussion in 'Development' started by Westminster, 25th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Good point - you mean bifold doors?. We are still in the midst of prestart and all those decisions so we'll have a chat about it and see what our options are.

2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

No the ones that slide over each other so you'd have "fixed, slide, slide " so the opening is bigger

3. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Its something to think about

Perthguy likes this.
  4. bob shovel

Yeah more user friendly than bi folds
    [​IMG]

Blacky and Perthguy like this.
  5. bob shovel

6. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

I love the look and feel of bi-folds. Being able to open up a living space to make it feel like you are living outside is great. Esspecially with the Perth climate.
    My biggest bug with them (and sorry for the pun) is...bugs. Mozzies, flies and other critters which come in. Having standard sliding doors allows for a second flyscreen. Meaning you can open the door to the elements, while keeping nature on the outside.
    Im yet to see a product which allows for the best of both worlds. Maybe these stackers come close?

Blacky

7. bob shovel

Yeah I hate the bugs too! We had them in place on the water and by Sunset the mozzies had ruined it!

Those stackers would be able to Jane a fly screen stacker too if like to think but I'm not too sure

8. MrRB

MrRB Member

On the bifold front, my Dad recently installed fixed, slide, slide type doors on the gym and I remember him saying they were significantly cheaper then bifold doors. But not worrying about the cost, having sliding fly screens on there too has been great for stopping bugs and they really open the place up for the breeze.

Westminster, bob shovel and Blacky like this.
  9. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

Thanks Mr RB.

Good to know it is possible.

Westminster likes this.
  10. Westminster

Australia would be great without the flies and mosquitoes :)

hobo likes this.
  11. Skuttles

Skuttles Well-Known Member

For our ppor we put in a fixed slide slide and a stacker fly screen. Happy with the usability over bifolds and yes much cheaper.
    Was thru Jason's windows, but wouldn't use them again as quality is terrible.
    Just under 3 years and have had to replace the fly screen tracks and the door lock as the latch wore out?!

12. Completely_Mad

Completely_Mad New Member

You can get 'integrated' fly screens with stacker doors. They are retractable, so when not in use, you can't see them and they don't detract from the view.

Not cheap though...I didn't end up getting them with my stackers, so can't comment on how good they actually are.

http://www.centor.com.au/screens

13. AdamPineapples

AdamPineapples Well-Known Member

@Westminster wow that's a very interesting design. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that in Melbourne before. Is that common their?

14. Westminster

I don't think its common anywhere. It's what my brain thought up when it saw the site though. I knew it could be Lower ground floor apartment then apartment in the middle then apartments on the upper level but I liked the idea of the 2 storey townhouse like apartments.

15. Westminster

Soooo prestart is pretty much finished for this. I did the second half of it today with our Interior Designer. We have one colour scheme for Units 1 and 3, and another for 2 and 4.
    I'll add some terrible photos later for you all.

Blacky likes this.
  16. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

You're an angel.
    Im pretty sure Im color blind - and can only see in circles and arches. I like my arches. :D:eek::p
    Blacky

17. MethodMan81

MethodMan81 Active Member

For the flyscreen to the stacker doors maybe have a look at Aluminium Innovations in Kewdale. I am sure I saw something similar to this in their showroom, might have a been security door though.

18. Westminster

And @bob shovel was worried about our Fixed/Slide/Fixed. He should have been making sure there was no arch windows - that's all I was worried about :p

Now we see how much all the quotes for the 'upgrades' we wanted. Unfortunately sometimes what is in your quote is FUGLY and you have no choice but to upgrade for the spec level that is appropriate.

19. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

Yeah - but if tap upgrades kills our budget/feaso we are running a pretty tight line.

Blacky

20. Westminster

Yup which is why it's all quotes. Then we see what is necessary and what is just a nice to have and what we can get rid of.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia