NSW Minchinbury PPOR

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by BigY, 6th Sep, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. BigY

BigY New Member

I am looking in the Minchinbury / Rooty Hill area for PPOR. Lots of the chatter here is about it being an alright place for IP.

my budget makes it a PPOR at this stage of my life.

what are the thoughts around those areas ?

2. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Rooty Hill has a train station and a big club and is close to Mt Druitt. Minchinbury is a relatively new area.

3. SF851

SF851 New Member

I've lived in Rooty Hill all my life, my parents bought in the early 80s and I bought the house off them.

Both suburbs have good and bad streets and I would say are equivalent in terms of demographic and the households. There are streets in both Rooty Hill and Minchinbury I'd stay away from as they seem to be mainly renters and crime around those streets are reported monthly on local Facebook groups.

Houses in my street have not had a break in for the past 30+ years, however 2 streets away it's a monthly occurrence.

Minchinbury doesn't have a train line though it so you won't get any unwanted riff raff around the local shops, it is also quiter as its not a thoroughfare for other suburbs like Rooty Hill is, Minchinbury was built as an estate (it was the old Penfolds Winery estate) and only has 2-3 entry/exits.

There are some new homes in Rooty Hill (within 5-10years) and a lot of larger blocks (around 1200sqm) that are being sub divided.

Nearly all the houses in Minchinbury are brick, whereas Rooty Hill are 50/50 Fibre and Brick.

4. BigY

BigY New Member

Thanks SF851,

We like Minchinburry, but there is the bit with the cemetery and the one without.

Prices are going crazy over there, anything decent seem to attract about a million, a bit too far for an average suburb 40k from the city. But this is where one can afford right now.

datto likes this.