Middle and West Swan's Potential

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Xiao Hui, 26th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Xiao Hui

Xiao Hui Well-Known Member

Hi mates. Any views on property investment in the west swan, middle swan and upper swan areas? These areas are zoned "tourists precinct" from what I know meaning you cannot subdivide lands here to build houses.

But I feel this area still hold long term potential in the long term. It's not far from Perth CBD, also near to Guildford town and Midlands. Plus the upcoming Perth to Darwin highway passes through here. And if the property that we buy is income producing eg small restaurant, winery, Airbnb etc it can help in the mortgage..

Issue I think might stay is the zoning. It seems unlikely the place will get rezoned anytime soon, if ever..

What's your thoughtS?

2. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I would have to check but I am pretty sure that is not correct. Perhaps land within the Swan Valley Planning Act can't be subdivided but outside of that with the right R code? I am unsure about this but I can check it out and get back to you

3. HD_ACE

HD_ACE Game-Changer

I like west swan. In fact settled last month on a PPOR. You will find outside of the little hubs, most are zoned rural so subdivision no, but there are alot of business uses depending on the type of rural zoning.

I hear the middle and upper swans still have a bad demographic stigma and from people I know there.

But really depends what kind of property you are targeting. Good for decent sized lots 1/2 to 5 acres etc. Dont expect it to get rezoned, its a very protected area with lots of tourism.

Usually lifestyle choice or business.

Perthguy likes this.
  4. Xiao Hui

Xiao Hui Well-Known Member

Dear Perth guy :

That's lovely. Thank you.

5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

that is a very interesting avatar:)

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.