Michael Yardney Mentorship

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Benjamin Thurlow, 1st Nov, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Benjamin Thurlow

Benjamin Thurlow New Member

Hi,

I am new to the property investment area. Very time poor but have a high level of capital to invest. I have seen Michael Yardney does a mentorship program which is $2995.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks
    Ben

2. skyfall

skyfall Well-Known Member

I wouldn't give him any business for moral reasons.

spludgey, Major, R S Gumby and 7 others like this.
  3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Just bear in mind a "mentor" is not a business partner. Is it more about them being close so they can benefit themself ? eg Here are some ideas about what to buy ? eg They make $$$ on a sale by building a trust relationship that is just open door for them. And take care since programs like this will help you build a team...All who share the same client list and strategies and dont question each other so impartial advice is a concern. Its a one stop shop of sorts

Cousinit and 27269 like this.
  4. L_auren

L_auren Well-Known Member

What are those moral reasons, may I ask?

5. twobobsworth

twobobsworth Well-Known Member

Comments are deleted if mentioned here. Google has all your answers.

6. L_auren

L_auren Well-Known Member

I’m in shock. I had no idea about his past. I’ve been “following” him for a few years now. Wow

7. Cousinit

Cousinit Well-Known Member

100% agree.

8. nth brisbanite

nth brisbanite Well-Known Member

This is a strange comment. Nothing in google that I've found that is negative about Michael.

9. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

I believe he was a doctor in a previous life.

craigc, Blueskies and willair like this.
  10. Major

Major Active Member

If you're very time poor a buyers agent might be more suited.

AxeLy likes this.
  11. AxeLy

AxeLy Well-Known Member

Hi @Benjamin Thurlow , some of my friends had paid loads of cash , even flying interstate to attend various types of mentorship programmes , but they remarked that there's so much more to learn in the science of property investment. We can find mentors at many places. This forum especially is filled with so many wonderful, knowledgeable members & professionals who are willing to advise and share their property investment experiences with us. In my honest opinion, you can find the best mentors here.
    Of course. Given that you are busy, you could leave it to your professional group of advisers which comprises lawyer [to advise on sale contracts], accountant [to work out your best buying structure], mortgage broker [maybe no need .. since you can fully finance the purchases], a buyer's agent [to do all the legwork of sourcing the best deals for you], and property managers [to look after your investment portfolio].
    Here's wishing you the best as you begin your property investment journey :)

RealSprinter likes this.
  12. nth brisbanite

Still don’t understand twobobsworth’s comments about why he wouldn’t give Michael his business for ‘moral’ reasons. I think that it’s a slur on his character. If you don’t want to post here, twobobsworth, you can send me a private note.

TheMissingLink likes this.
  13. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

Did you google MY’s name prefixed by Doctor?

R S Gumby likes this.
  14. nth brisbanite

I have done a bit of reading about Michael since my last post and am now more familiar about his background. I’m reasonably confident that he and his organisation is ethical. I’ve never had any financial dealings with Metropole. I read his daily briefings and that’s it. If anyone has any concerns, they should contact him direct.

15. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

I don't think Yardney tries to hide his past criminality, as he has been on the old somersoft forum and propertyinvesting.com forums on the past saying the rumours are true.

You have to decide whether you think he is a changed person or not.

andrew_t, spludgey, Joeisagun and 3 others like this.
  16. Travelbug

Travelbug Well-Known Member

It's worth checking if his strategy suits your situation before handing over money. Reading one of his books will let you know whether it suits you.

Beano, AxeLy and Terry_w like this.
  17. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

I occasionally hear Michael Yardney on podcasts etc sharing his insights and the philosophy of Metropole. The thing that strikes me is that I don't really get the vibe he has some secret sauce worth paying a premium for, he generally just seems to promote buying well located properties with a focus on capital gains. By nature these would be more expensive and hence would most likely translate to a higher commission for a buyers agent, which does make me question what incentives are driving the recommendations. Just my personal opinion, I have never had dealings with Metropole.

AxeLy likes this.
  18. AxeLy

AxeLy Well-Known Member

I'm on Michael Yardney's mailing list and I often listen to his podcasts. I have the impression that his mentorship programmes are one-stop shops where you'd get acquainted with his relevant team of professionals, and you'd get to network among like-minded individuals, probably the high net worths.

19. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

There are so many different methodologies to property investing, with everyone having different goals and risk appetite etc. I've never believed in following a single mentor. I think absorbing knowledge and learning from the experiences of different investors is the way to go.

Never personally dealt with Michael Yardney.

RealSprinter, craigc and AxeLy like this.
  20. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
    Buy houses/townhouses in Sydney or Melbourne as close to the CBD as possible is the advice MY gives.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia