methods you use to hunt for your property

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by King, 8th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. eng

eng Well-Known Member

Hmm...my anti virus reports that this site is "dangerous" and "transmits malicious software". Can anyone else vouch for this site?

2. KJB

KJB Well-Known Member

+1 for domain, only started using it couple days ago but its pretty nifty

3. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

I type "cheap" into realestate.com.au

joel likes this.
  4. Jacob Field

Jacob Field Well-Known Member

FYI - we aggregate listings (like google, so this includes RE) and display them on a suburb map. We then allow you either filter on market properties based on location or draw a box on map to remove. Giving more granular control than a simple circle whilst still not unwieldily...:)

Jacob

5. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I am on some good agents spam lists (sms and email). I find the information they send really useful.

6. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I type "potential" into realestate.com.au :)

Sticky likes this.
  7. joel

joel Well-Known Member

I signed up for the free trial but far out.. every second screen asks me to subscribe and there's info everywhere.. I can't handle this level of stimulation. I need something simpler, like simplywall.st but for property. I haven't looked hard but how do you get your CG or CF scores?

8. Jacob Field

Jacob Field Well-Known Member

Wow - that simplywall.st site is awesome! Simplicity with rich data is an art - we are always looking to improve - I will dissect their techniques!

Quickly - High CG score = Sales volumes trending upwards + DOM trending downwards + Rent stable or increasing on stable volumes.

High CF score = High yield (ordered) but has reasonable rental dynamics to qualify (ie. mid to low vacancy plus reasonable rental volumes). This avoids dodgy mining towns and the like having a high CF score :)

Jacob

9. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

I use my husband.
    Other people's time lol

See Change likes this.
  10. citystar

citystar Well-Known Member

Started off just using RE.com.au. Bought a few IP's and then started using PriceFinder. Got to know a few RE Agents in the suburbs I was interested in and kept in touch with them. I use all three options now and I'm happy with the research and results.

11. Michael_X

Michael_X Mortgage Broker Business Member

Try 'contract crashed' in re.com.au keyword searches, sometimes can lead you to desperate sellers - got a few like that before.

Cheers,
    Michael

Catalyst, joel and Elives like this.
  12. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Realestate.com.au

Talk to agents on the phone and in real life .

When you go to opens , don't just go through the property , talk to the agent , engage them .

If we're going to see a few properties , leave your car and go in there's and ask questions ., engage them . The more they know you the more likely they are to go out of their way to help

I've picked up good deals in the the last months by doing this . Five properties before they went to market , four did't make it to market and the fifth was under contract before the first open ( with good enquiries ) . In each case the agents ( who we hadn't met before ) knew we were serious . I'll tell them what we've down , what we're doing at the moment and the type of property we're looking for . If they know they can get a sale without having to work hard they'll take it .

Cliff

larrylarry, Greyghost and Catalyst like this.
  13. Catalyst

Catalyst Well-Known Member

Brilliant @See Change :)

What are your usual questions when you go to home opens or over the phone?

14. Agent99

Agent99 Well-Known Member

Combination of r.e. com and Investar. Discounted 2 year investar sub coming to an end and dont think I want to pay $99. month for it, will look at others.

15. joel

joel Well-Known Member

Is it just me or can you not search by region in Domain? I type in Northern Adelaide and it works fine in RE.com but on Domain I have to type individual suburbs..

16. cdchi1

cdchi1 Well-Known Member

I just found this site ozhouseprice recently, use it quite a bit and have not had any virus reports yet. The ability to measure any block size (and the building size) in sqm using your own markers is AWESOME. I used it on my PPoR and IPs to confirm it was accurate. I was finding it so frustrating that most property ads didn't quote the land size forcing me to contact agent.

For property search in general, I tend to use realestate.com.au on the PC, and Domain app on mobile.

17. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Yep is frustrating they block size is sometimes not included in listing.
    Regardless of the games they play with pricing and price ranges, call for price, call for comparative sales - land size should be a standard listing item..

18. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

I have never bought one that was on REA or Domain but I have looked at a few. Some of the best properties don't get listed and are sold before you even know they were for sale. I usually drive around where I want to buy and look at for sale signs, I use word of mouth, I get texts from agents before properties are advertised. I find the best way to find good properties is talk to builders, they know where some potential good property is available.