Message to friends

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by See Change, 29th Aug, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Yep .

you can’t catch diabetes and IHD from someone in the super market and be dead within a couple of weeks . It’s one of the most rediculus comparisons I’ve seen in the last 18 months .

cliff

Propin, Bunbury, kierank and 2 others like this.
  2. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Yet you appear to be arguing against vaccination. Yes, there are huge problems with lockdowns. But vaccination is one of the few ways out. Apart from opening up without any more vaccinations and just letting it rip. In terms of percentages of the population, the US has had fifty times more deaths than Australia. But that's fine apparently. As long as businesses can stay open. So why not just let 50,000 more Australians die, so that we don't have to be locked down until there have been enough vaccinations.

There's so much arguing about how small a very small number is. But the number of deaths from Covid is far bigger than the number of deaths from vaccinations. To say nothing of long term effects. That's the important number.

The US is fast becoming a death trap for the unvaccinated. But hey, they don't lock down. Even mask wearing, social distancing and contact tracing are not practiced. Let's just follow their path downward.

I know there are huge problems with lockdowns. I've seen it happen with my own family. But I'm alive and healthy, and I can talk with them. I actually enjoy being alive, and I'd like to be that way for a while yet.

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Oct, 2021
    kierank, wylie, Lizzie and 1 other person like this.
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

Against vaccination, no.

Against locking people in their homes for 2 years and effectively forcing a needle in their arm to return to work, yes (I acknowledge slight hyperbole here, but it's not far off).

Observer and MTR like this.
  4. See Change

Yep , via breast feeding and prior to delivery through the placenta

cliff

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Sooooo, not anti-vax but voluntary. So who is going to make that decision to employ you? Fine if you are self-employed, WFH and operate completely on-line but I refuse to walk into premises where staff or customers have their noses exposed - so you're not going to win me over.

Bunbury, skater, wylie and 2 others like this.
  6. See Change

And you’re accusing me of being inaccurate and incorrectly quoting stats .

When you dont seem to know the difference between 18 & 24 and even if you ignore that obvious error , I’m not aware of anywhere in australia which has had a lockdown for the 18 months this has been occurring .

Hyperbole … outside a few people who repeatedly breached orders and the sad cases involving some unit blocks , not aware of anyone “ locked “ in their home’s

forcing injections in their arm …. Not hyperbole , just a total distortion of the facts .

employers , the government have a duty of care to ensure their workers and customers have a safe work place . Not taking reasonable actions to protect those people from a potentially lethal disease is an obvious breach of that care .

flu vaccines have long been compulsory for nursing home works and Covid posses a greater risk to your average 60-70 year old than flu does to a nursing home resident .

given that , it’s a Pretty simple and obvious step to mandate vaccines to pretty well any work place that involves human contact .

any restaurant , venue , plane , cruise ship etc should have vaccine mandates otherwise the provider of those services is in breach of their duty of care .

cliff

Joynz, Bunbury, thatbum and 5 others like this.
  7. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

No - you deliberately manipulated the statistics provided ... by removing various portions of the population that make up those statistics ... in an attempt to make them fit your narrative.

skater and See Change like this.
  8. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Well-Known Member

My question was about post easing of lockdowns.

Last edited by a moderator: 30th Aug, 2021
    See Change likes this.
  9. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Who's been locked in their homes for two years? Okay, Melbourne more than most - but NSW we've had pretty soft lockdowns for maybe 5 months out of 20 and not a welded door, or windows bars, in sight

See Change likes this.
  10. See Change

I’ve already stopped going to one store where a the person at the counter wasn’t wearing a mask . She said she had a medical exemption .

fine , but I choose not to go there .

As a doctor I’ve been asked a few times to provide an exemptions for mask wearing , but in my opinion , their request wasn’t justified .

I’ve also had one person ring up from the other side of Sydney ( must have taken a while to work through drs close to him to where I work ) who wanted an exemption from the vaccine due to his “ religious “ belief that the vaccine was the “ mark of the beast “ and if he had it , he would go to hell . I explained I have a duty of care to the community and I wasn’t interested in doing any thing that might lead to other people going to heaven or hell earlier than their allotted time .

I was quite polite .

cliff

Angel, Propin, Ronen and 5 others like this.
  11. Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday Well-Known Member

But the purpose of the vaccine is so all your workers can work ! As their is not many jobs a cadiever can do.

Gockie, See Change and Lizzie like this.
  12. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Comes down to an employers requirement of WH&S for staff and customers ... and it's cadaver ;)

See Change likes this.
  13. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Same
    Not against vaccinations

UK set a date and opened. I wish we would do the same and Learn to live with this. People have choice to protect themselves

I guess one day when this is over and the emotion/hysteria has finally settled we will analyze how we got to this point and how we became an autocratic country.

Who knows, we may even get the real number of deaths…. ‘From’ covid and ‘with’ covid???

Observer and Guest like this.
  14. Millie

Millie Well-Known Member

At least now humans can appreciate why doggies get soooo excited at “walkies”!

15. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Paper weight, garden fertiliser, maggot catcher, door stop

16. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I don't see hysteria. I see a population finally... FINALLY realising getting vaccinated will allow gradual opening up. That, combined with the ability to actually book a vaccination appointment has moved things along.

Before a certain level of protection via vaccination we would have ended up like the US, a total basket case of unnecessary deaths.

We are getting there, faster now that people are dying and those sitting on the fence have woken up and realise THEY are at risk.

kierank and geoffw like this.
  17. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Interesting how, in NSW, the numbers indicate that about 20% of ICU beds are occupied by patients with the same medical condition and the ramifications of that doesn't seem to sink in with many.

For some who are unconcerned about it it does appear they are more concentrated on their back pocket than anything else.

Joynz and wylie like this.
  18. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

It's not about a "date" - opening in about reaching a specific target in regards to vaccinations, hospitalisations, deaths etc. To demand otherwise is false hope as the goalposts are shifting with this new variant.

The UK have also had (officially) 132,000 die from Covid, so don't think they're a good example to hold up as a "look at us". Their daily death rate is also now sitting at around 130 - and rising - despite high vaccination.

No hysteria here - only logic and common sense ... and a will not to kill others unnecessarily.

Side effects of opening - and corresponding increased hospitalisations - that many anti-lockdowners have not considered are the stories such as coming out of the US, of cancer kids not being able to get treatment due to ICU beds being clogged with Covid patients - life saving vascular surgery cannot be undertaken - childbirth emergencies .... collateral damage apparently

kierank likes this.
  19. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

The same people banging on about people dying unnecessarily due to being locked down don't seem to realise opening up and having hospitals full of Covid patients will create the same situation for a different reason.

Can't get a bed now due to lockdown? Open up before we have enough people vaccinated and you won't get a bed due to hospitals being overwhelmed by Covid patients. :rolleyes:

Propin, Joynz, kierank and 3 others like this.
  20. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

I can't help but wonder what sort of medical circumstances would justify never being able to wear a mask. Probably not good to wear one whilst having an asthma attack, but that's probably not a justification for never wearing a mask.

The same question for vaccines. There's several vaccines using different approaches, they'd have different inherant properties. Maybe a medical condition that makes Astrazenica risky may not be an issue for Pfizer?

I'm just curious and completely speculating here. It does make me think though that many claims for not wearing a mask or refusing a vaccine on medical are likely complete BS.

In the greater context of this thread it also seems to me that the people refusing to vaccinate or wear a mask are also people doing other high risk activities at the moment (not social distancing when they easily could). They're the same people who are more likely to do something that exposes them to the virus and thus are best avoided in general.

Bunbury, geoffw, wylie and 1 other person like this.

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.