NSW Merry lands or Wentworthville IPP

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by gary176, 17th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Where did I say that?

NO! It won't go back down to that.....but it WILL go down. By how much, I don't know. I don't have a crystal ball.

There is a huge stigma attached to the whole area. There are vast numbers of people who wouldn't buy out this way, if their life depended on it. It is getting better, but this sort of thing takes years to resolve, which is why it is cheaper than other areas.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be extremely happy if you are right & I am wrong, because I've still got several out this way. I just think that you are being a bit too optimistic at this stage of the market.

2. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

OK obviously ppl are going to have various opinions. Lets wait and see in the next 2-3 years. I think you will be very pleasantly surprised.

3. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

Merrylands has some major gentrification happening. Stocklands has bought the car park between the shops and the Main Street so in time it's going to be a popular place to live. The demographic tends to change every 10 years or so around here, so it will be interesting to see how it will look in 10 years time.
    Re Wenty, if you can get something near the westmead end it will likely go well with the hospital precinct expansion.

4. gary176

gary176 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Any area of Merrylands in particular I should aim for.