Mentoring Programs

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MBO, 7th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MBO

MBO Active Member

G'day All

I'm new to this site, stumbled across it whilst looking through online forums. I've been dabbling in real estate for a few years in Qld. Am mainly interested in positive cash flow properties that can be value added to create equity in some way via renovating & small development eg splitters, adding extra dwellings, finding the right areas etc,. Have dipped the toe in on one or two over the years but would like to get more involved with this & create a passive cash flow separate to my work with the view to get out of the rat race a bit. I live in rural Qld so am doing it from a distance can be a bit difficult at times.

Just wondering about different mentoring programs, there's a lot out there & you can't do them all. Wondering what experience others have had with them & what you recommend. We've looked at & subscribe to newsletters/emails of Steve McKnights Propertyinvesting.com, Sam Saggers Positive Real Estate, Results Mentoring to name a few. They all offer good services & read well but am a bit unsure of which way to go. there are a lot of services out there that offer all these "great deals" but can be a bit difficult trying to work out who is genuine & what will work for us etc.

Any suggestions?

Cheers MBO

2. MarkB

MarkB Well-Known Member

As Jack Lang - later quoted by Paul Keating, said -

''In the race of life, always back self-interest - at least you know it's trying'

(If that is too cryptic --> your progress in this world is of your own making. I'm not saying there aren't people out there who can help you - but remember that no-one cares as much for your advancement in life as you do)

There is a lot of very good information available already on this (new) forum. If you're not familiar with it, also check out the old SS forum and in particular the interviews section. Read, absorb, ask questions. Enjoy.

Last edited: 7th Jul, 2015
    S.T, MBO, keithj and 1 other person like this.
  3. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

I've never paid for mentoring. In my case, the old adage has been true:

"When the student is ready, the teacher appears".

That said, I think it's vital to have the right people around you including folks who will challenge your thinking, push you to perform, expand your vision and inspire you. So you're on the right track seeking mentoring.

This forum alone will get you 80% of the way there..

MBO likes this.
  4. 380

380 Well-Known Member

@MBO

i can recommend two sources

somersoft
    propertychat

enough said:):)

MBO likes this.
  5. MBO

MBO Active Member

Thanks Steve I'll get in touch, yeah I agree with that saying, I don't believe in paying a fortune of never ending donations for a service that doesn't get you anywhere but am open to & believe some mentoring has it's place, it may even be like you mentioned from someone I already know but didn't realise could help me. I'm open to the idea of doing a mentoring programme at some stage but only for the right reasons & the right programme, I'm not a fan of anyone selling particular packages but of someone who can assist it helping find or put deals together using different strategies, also helping find areas outside of my back yard that are worth looking at. Cheers.

6. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Portfolio Perth Brisbane Sydney Melbourne
    This is true, Grasshopper. :)