Mentor

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Tobytom, 24th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Tim & Chrissy

Tim & Chrissy Well-Known Member

We joined PC last month and read through all the forums relevant to us and ask a lot of questions.
    We though we have a pretty good idea of the in's and out's of IP's having owned 4 over the years, we really only knew the absolute basics of investing at best.

There's no overnight solution or quick knowledge transfer, we are finding it's a constant learning process and you can feel overwhelmed with information at times. We spend many a late night on PC and researching the market, we also try to pay it forward by helping others with our knowledge of renovations and whatever else we can help with.

The most beneficial thing we have done so far is go along to the Western Sydney meet up last week. A number of experienced investors chatted with us and gave great tips - we ended up leaving sometime after 3am! We will definitely be at the next meet up (subject to having a babysitter!) and I highly recommend you find the next one near you.

2. SerenityNow

SerenityNow Well-Known Member

I have heard extremely bad things about Metropole and Michael Yardney; read up on Somersoft, direct experiences from members there.

I've gone through some "workshop" DVDs found second-hand, and I think there is more information here and on SS. Workshops, books and magazines will all give you basic information (but save your money!); when you have specific questions or issues, PC and SS will give you on the ground info.

willair likes this.
  3. Tobytom

Tobytom Well-Known Member

Thanks Leo really appreciated. Was the base of my thoughts. More of a Buy and hold strategy but add value and re-do

Sackie likes this.