Mens’ Watches

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Harry30, 1st Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Danny370z

Danny370z Well-Known Member

I got this Breitling about 4 years ago as a super copy cost $90aud real ones retail for $25k don't see the point in spending that sort of coin. I have three different ones now.
    Even watch lovers blow their mind over the detail on it haha.

Attached Files:

Lone_Wolf likes this.
  2. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf Well-Known Member

Though I do see your point Danny, but at the same time its how you perceive things.

Eg: diamonds are just composites in the ground that are polished and put onto a ring, this theory can be applied in any form of jewelry in terms of perceived value. A bentley over a toyota, both serve similar function of going from A to B, and yet different perceived value. Business class flights over economy class, yes it feels a lot better in BC, and yet serve similar function purpose.

namrata and Danny370z like this.
  3. Lone_Wolf

I would love to own a 326934

Mulianto likes this.
  4. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

Here is my SkyD - big big chunk of gold. Heavy as hell as well. :)

[​IMG]

AJP and Lone_Wolf like this.
  5. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

I got me one of these old school bad boys off ebay :D
    upload_2019-3-19_12-3-1.png

datto, euro73, TMNT and 1 other person like this.
  6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@bob shovel - I had one of those. Bought it with my own pocket money too. :D

bob shovel likes this.
  7. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I've got one of those.

Except mine shows the correct time and date.

bob shovel likes this.
  8. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

9. eletronic_exp0430

Are you saying my Rolex's are fake? LMFAO!!! HAHAHAHAHA - please fellow watch nuts chime in and save this guy from embarrassment.

That website is using REAL authentic pictures of Rolex's but are selling fakes - your the one getting fooled there buddy LOL

Someone like yourself offering financial services and not doing due diligence and proper research before accusing they are fake? Ahhhh come on man. You should know better than that. Doesnt reflect well on your line of business. Due Diligence is everything.

I'm a vivid watch collector, no fakes can fool me - its a very very dangerous game if you dont know how to tell real and fake watches. There are crazy guys out there that swap out stuff and fakes with REAL authentic movements inside and everything. Dropping $50-$100k and buying a fake would really really really make someone look stupid.

Last edited: 19th Mar, 2019
  10. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Can't think of anything more ugly and a brand people buy because "everyone says its worth that much" than a Rolex.
    Its up there with Louis vuitton for me

11. eletronic_exp0430

Back on topic how disappointing was Basel world 2019!!!

Farrkkk. I was hoping for a coke bezel GMT2c but they just re-released it with updated movement and Jubilee. Was also hoping for a ceramic blueberry which would sell like hotcakes.

Alot of flack on the YM 42 though on Oysterflex. Bit expensive for what it is although I think the 42mm size will be a great hit.

Also I cant believe they discontinued the entire LN lineup of GMTs. WTF is going on. All SS, TT and full gold models are now discontinued.

So whos getting a new Basel release?

12. Lone_Wolf

I agree very disappointed, just shows that Rolex banks on their heritage rather than innovation. Seiko on the other hand...

I know someone who has purchased every single new rolex release from basel world 2019

13. Zenith Chaos

Zenith Chaos Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    The Rolex submariner no date is my little luxury. I've always liked watches but found it difficult to justify; as everyone has said, a $30 Casio does the same job. However, I consider it a piece of human ingenuity, art, evidence of my understanding of beautiful things.

Watch this movie about the painstaking efforts that went into the marine chronometer Longitude (TV Movie 2000) - IMDb

The Falcon likes this.
  14. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

spent $30 getting 4 new pins in The metal band on my Seiko yesterday, not alot, annoying considering it broke completely today and pins were coming back out yesterday. Didn't get a receipt and the place is an hour away so can't be bothered going back.

Saw kits for $7 on eBay. I tried watching videos on YouTube which appeared to say only certain pins can be removed and replaced indicated by arrows. Some of these are the others. What do I actually need? Can they all be easily replaced or only the ones for resizing?

IMG_20190509_155656.jpg

Working in the garden yesterday, so a bit dirty.

15. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

I thought there were meant to be retainers on the end of permanent pins.... ?? Not sure as never seen that chain, but still.....

Might be an option to change the whole band....

The Y-man

Hodor likes this.
  16. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

17. namrata

namrata Well-Known Member

Why is the thread labeled men’s watches?? Women can wear the same watches too

Attached Files:

AJP, lamecrocs and The Y-man like this.
  18. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

Better yet, read the book by Dava Sobel - not very long, well written and easy to read.

Then go to Greenwich and be really impressed that H1, H2, and H3 are still running (or, more accurately, running again after they were discovered and refurbished).
    IMG_20181220_153200.jpg
    Cheers,
    Inertia.

19. lamecrocs

lamecrocs Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend me a very simple (not over the top) watch with perpetual calendar that I can wear on a daily basis? And more importantly, where can I buy it?

I do like the Seiko Astron but they're more than 1k a piece!

20. MJK

MJK Member

I love my Rado Centrix.:D Swiss. Saphire crystal and ceramic is very scratch resistant.:)

20190715_204442.jpg
    Cheers MJK