Mens’ Watches

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Harry30, 1st Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. miximitosis

miximitosis Well-Known Member

Rolex etc is out of my price range but do love my Hamilton Jazzmaster and Victorinox Alliance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mikey7 likes this.
  2. Chomp

Chomp Well-Known Member

download.jpg

Citycat88 likes this.
  3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

4. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    A2B44CAC-0CE7-4903-855D-5626A6E7DE26.png

Harry30 likes this.
  5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Been a fan of Gucci watches for a long time.

20180909_130929.jpg

6. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

Ahh my other favorite topic. Watches and Houses. Thanks @Simon Hampel for tagging me - I love talking about watches my passion for them is on par with my passion for houses.

Here is a few of my collection for your viewing candy. These are just my Rolex's but I love and own all brands from IWC/JLC,AP/Patek.

And before anyone asks yes I own 3 x Day Date 40s presidential's now. Its the best modern Rolex IMHO currently

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used to have more Rolex's but the collection became over the top and honestly some of the watches didnt get worn for months so I tried to shrink it.

Please share pictures of all your watches and if your really really into watches maybe we can even have a meetup oogle over each others timepieces.

Cheers

7. eletronic_exp0430

$2k for an air king is not normal. Service cost for a simple 3 hand watch with no date complication should only come in at $750-$1000 or so and that should be every 10 years. Something doesnt smell right. Did you get this quote directly from Rolex Service Centre in Melb or Sydney?

Sydney Rolex are awesome bunch of people from my dealings with them. Very honest and very helpful.

Watches are not for everyone. These are luxury items not necessities. I think a service price of $1000 every 5-10 years is very very reasonable. Try servicing a Patek grand complications or something along those lines.

Its like driving a ferrari and worrying about insurance or petrol. If you own high end timepieces and are concerned over servicing maybe mechanical watches are not for you.

8. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

20180915_123103.jpg 20180915_123103.jpg
    The bezel has discoloured from moisture and they included that too .
    Auckland Rolex agent

9. Gousey

Gousey Active Member

20180917_115210.jpg
    Just added another Tag to the collection. Wasn't a fan when looking at photos of this watch but looks much better in person - it also matches my gold jewellery.

I wish I could justify buying the current Rolex Daytona ($40k price tag). That sort of money is better used elsewhere at the moment......but hopefully one day I'll be able to spend that sort of money on a watch I love.

10. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Under $60.

Goes with me everywhere - including the shower when travelling (so far been to Qld, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, Taiwan - it will go to Malaysia next week :)).

It's my time piece, alarm clock (5 alarms inc snooze) and torch when there's no power point in a cooee. :D.... and I figure no one would mug me to steal it.... (unless some undiscerning idiot mistakes it for a g-shock!!)

Plastic with very little metal - can be worn through even international terminal security (not full body scanny thing tho)

...and the date is big enough to read without my reading glasses (getting old :(...)

The Y-man

IMG_0005.JPG

Blacky and Player like this.
  11. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

I'm a big spender, so I went for the G-shock version - and you can see from its rustic appearance that it is the right choice for me. I love the 5 alarms and the count down, repeating timer. I keep looking for alternate watches, but unless they can match those features, I'm not interested. This one is even attractive with overspray on it.

upload_2018-9-17_16-43-46.png

For analogue the only answer is Vostok Komandirskie.

Cheers,
    Inertia.

Blacky, Player and The Y-man like this.
  12. boeman

boeman Well-Known Member

Just the one watch for me, an IWC Portofino Automatic.

Not really in my price range at this stage of my life, but my grandma left all the grandkids money to be used on jewellery as she believed it is something you wear forever, and my only option was a watch as I am not the kind of guy to wear anything else.

Worn it every day of my life since 2011 and love it.

Brady likes this.
  13. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

come on.. the jubilee pepsi has to be the best modern rolex.. it broke the internet..

but all honesty.

i agree with you about day dates aka presidents

Its the Grand daddy of Rolex. The Gold on Gold On Gold

Its the definitive Rolex.

Like the S class mercedes.

i also notice you dont like blue dial if u have the choice..

u sure like your gold rolex.

14. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

Chomp likes this.
  15. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

Iwc good choice

16. Player

Player Well-Known Member

Casio G Shock.jpg As with @inertia and @The Y-man I'm a Casio devotee these days. G shock for me. I have an Omega in a cupboard somewhere gifted to me for my 21st birthday. Expensive watches are not my thing.

My latest acquisition cost approx $90 AUD purchased nearly five years ago in a mall in Honolulu.
    I too, like the five alarms although miss its predecessor's 10 alarms (Timex Ironman). Timex don't have the presence they used to in digital watches.

Last edited: 18th Sep, 2018
  17. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

Nice. I’m all for the cheapo watches as well.
    My current one cost me nothing, as a watch dealer lost mine during a service. It was a $60 watch replaced with a $300 one.
    I like the look of that watch, but I usually don’t go for digital - I had to learn to tell the time due to a strange ‘dislexic’ type learning difficulty, so had to get an analog watch and have had one since.

No concern if it gets dropped, scratched or painted.

Blacky

18. Spiderman

Spiderman Well-Known Member

Archieluxury channel on YouTube is all about rolexes etc. Not for the fainthearted!

19. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

I got one of these too...... AU$30!! :D

s-l225.jpg

Tough solar as well. I have a similar issue when lecturing or doing a presentation, an analogue is much easier to work with than a digital. My main gripe with this one is that the LCD date display is too small for my eyes, and NO snooze alarm (the main alarms are too short/not loud enough either)....

My wife wears it now, after her Tissot died :)

The other main issues with cheapos is that they run perspex face so is hard to clean oil based paints off (glass is much better in this regard!) ~ I had to get toothpaste and scrub hard after a round of painting!

The Y-man

Last edited: 18th Sep, 2018
    inertia likes this.
  20. eletronic_exp0430

I take there are not many people on here that appreciate the mechanical marvel of in-house movements from proper horology houses by the posts on this thread.

No offense with buying and wearing a digital $50 watch but I thought there would be heaps more people who really appreciates mechanical watches and the engineering/workmanship that goes into them. Its just like art in its own right.

Quite disappointed not many ppl share that passion/hobby on here.