Mens’ Watches

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Harry30, 1st Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Nice racks :D

The Y-man

thunderstrike888 and Mulianto like this.
  2. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

I cringe at the thought of working in a space like that wearing a watch - especially a metal band!

3. Mulianto

Mulianto ~~

More like it is screaming to get out of the room and head to the beach with me :D

thunderstrike888 likes this.
  4. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Its all good - these are just watches. You need to enjoy them. I'm very careful if I'm going to be installing new kit to play with anyway.

Was wearing the Rose Gold President yesterday in the data centre :) - the data centre has the best lighting for wrist shots.

[​IMG]

inertia, Mulianto and The Artisan like this.
  5. Mulianto

Mulianto ~~

Yeah Rolex Everose gold is so subtle, love them.

1F266429-C507-456E-A87C-9655D52A7AE4.jpeg

I wanna trade in my leather Daytona to a full rose gold one, may be 116505-0013. Any idea of the safest site to do it? @thunderstrike888

166A1EAA-41CB-4B3B-9E6D-359044616CA3.jpeg 037A2816-CF5B-4CFB-8671-07B9ABFBF1D4.jpeg 8532CBA0-8636-4856-BAD3-2C5CF7617381.jpeg

6. thunderstrike888

If you want to swap for a full gold bracelet I think there is like a $30k+ price difference now maybe even more between the leather strap and the full gold bracelet. Big chunk of change imho.

I think you should keep your current one. That dial is no longer produced so long term might go up in value moreso than the current ones.

If you want to do a trade you can try the local gray dealers or try facebook market in groups like Australian Watch Market, Rolex & Tudor Australia - Buy and Sell or similar other groups. A lot of time wasters and tyrekickers on there though.

Ppl that have no money trying to get a gold sub for $30k - if you know what I mean. Those kind of ppl.

If I was you I'd give myself some time and if your 100% adamant of a swap just wait a bit longer and give yourself a holiday to Hong Kong or USA. Visit the dealers there they have 1000s of watches you can directly swap with. Much more options for you O/S. Australia market is VERY limited.

P.S learn from me in the past I'll never buy another Rolex on a leather strap or oysterflex if its available on full metal bracelet. Believe me its not worth trying to upgrade so just get the full metal from the get go. I lost a heap of money twice doing that exact same thing.

Now I always buy all models on full bracelets if that version exists.

7. Mulianto

Mulianto ~~

Yeah, just bored of it already lol, plus this root beer is giving me a better, bracelet feel.

Noted, yeah I don’t want to waste time. I guess I will try my ADs first.

Cheers.

8. David_SYD

David_SYD Well-Known Member

I’m all for the Presidents

9. Kevbo

Kevbo Well-Known Member

Anyone know the wait time for a Oyster Perpetual 36 or Datejust 36mm these days (without a purchase history)?

10. thunderstrike888

I called up my AD for a OP41 and they said dont even bother because the demand is so big and thats considered an entry level Rolex.

DJ36 pretty much the same thing. These days any and all Rolex are grail pieces. Heck my best friend has been on the waitlist for a full Yellow Gold Skydweller on Bracelet for over 14 months already and still no luck.

11. David_SYD

Considered the cheapest entry model. Used to be able to walk in to an AD and negotiate on price. An AD told me even OPs are 6-12 months. Madness

12. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

Bought the cheapest watch for $15 from Kmart. Let’s see how long it lasts.

The Y-man likes this.
  13. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

I'm curious if anyone is on the waiting list for certain watches and if they are pressured to purchase other watches first before being 'considered'.

I have a relationship with an AD and early in the year, I was contacted if I wanted to purchase the Tudor BB58 925, but I said no because I can't stand the tarnish on a silver watch and wanted to add the BB58 Black to my collection.

14. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

rolex dealer is a family friend, even i got to wait, only problem he only deals in Rolex house directly so i don't get the same benefit with other brands' , its easier for him to source anything i want but still got to pay a market rate 5-10% at best.

there are multiple wait list,

the lucky draw waitlist

the real wait list

never gonna happen list

wait for a gshock that you like to go on sale, should last you a long long long time.
    i got mine for around $90 catch of the day,

15. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

My Grandad gave me a Seiko Actus 5 identical to this one:

Seiko 5 Actus 7019-8010 FCE120 Silver sunburst

I know that it is not particularly valuable but it does hold a lot of sentimentality for me and I would love to be able to pass it on one day. Does anyone know of the best course of action to have it serviced. I am thinking the glass needs to be replaced/resealed as some moisture is getting into the dial.

16. thunderstrike888

Took an awesome picture of the Olive DD40 last week.

Is anyone thinking of splurging some of their massive profits they've made recently on a timepiece? Lets see those pictures.

[​IMG]

David_SYD likes this.
  17. David_SYD

It’s a beauty and very sort after

I feel like Rolex are going to come good for me this year and bring me my watch at retail.

18. thunderstrike888

Thanks. Yeah the Olive dial Day Date 40 is superb. Stunning in everyway.

Fingers crossed the AD calls you. I feel like gray market prices are softening at the moment. Nothing seems to be moving at the asking prices and I must admit some of the asking prices is just jaw dropping stupid. I could never imagine myself paying $50k for a steel Rolex. No way in the world.

I called up an AD the other day to try my luck. They said thanks for expressing interest in the interest list. LMFAO. I was like WTF......lol

19. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

20. thunderstrike888

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.