Mens’ Watches

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Harry30, 1st Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Mulianto

Mulianto ~~

It’s a good investment lol

It’s such a cool watch, I can see my daughter wearing it in the future. Only if she deserves it of course…

MTR likes this.
  2. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

That looks awesome mate congrats. I've been tossing up the idea of trading one of my DayDate40s for the full Rose Gold CHNR just like yours but man I cant bring myself to flip any Rolex at the moment.

Enjoying my Chocolate dial DayDate (yes I know I havent set the time yet :)

[​IMG]

What's the point of being successful in investing in real estate and not enjoying your fruits of the hard work put in over all these years? Best part is these toys go up in value so after wearing them and enjoying for several years most likely you'll make a profit as well.

MTR and Mulianto like this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

It looks great.

Whether it is a good investment or not who cares? If you got the money enjoy it.
    My passion is diamonds, I buy cos I love bling

Mulianto likes this.
  4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Could not agree more

This is Very classy….. but I prefer the other;)

5. Mulianto

Mulianto ~~

Lol fine, just tell me ahead if we ever meet. Don’t wanna wear the same watches :eek:

Chocolate for dirt, real estate!

thunderstrike888 likes this.
  6. Mulianto

Mulianto ~~

Yes, go for full gold only :cool:

The same with AP, Patek

thunderstrike888 and MTR like this.
  7. thunderstrike888

I've got a soft spot for Day Dates. Ever since I was like 18 years old when I saw my grandfather wearing one and many powerful people wear one it was the pinnacle of success to me to own this piece. There is a reason why they call it the "Presidential" Rolex.

I'm going out to a fancy dinner tonight so decided to switch it out to Yellow Gold :). The YG DD looks awesome in low lit environments much better than Rose Gold.

This is what I will be wearing tonight. Time to enjoy life a little. :)

[​IMG]

MTR likes this.
  8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Love it:)

9. David_SYD

David_SYD Well-Known Member

I’ve had people offer AUD$85,000-AUD$90,000.

Issue is getting the Batman. Would have to get on Grey market. Can’t get on a waiting list anywhere for a Batman.

10. David_SYD

David_SYD Well-Known Member

Beautiful watch!

thunderstrike888 likes this.
  11. thunderstrike888

If you get the CHNR and flip it for your prices that Batman even at grey dealer prices should be between $25k-$28k AUD. Its still a free watch pretty much.

Just pay up at the grey dealers. Life's too short to be on an invisible list that 90% of the time never eventuates. Even you being put on the CHNR list it is not guaranteed they deliver it. Did you put the full payment up front with the AD?

I could have gotten my 116618LN for $39k AUD several years ago. I paid last month approx $65k AUD which is a huge premium. Cant be bothered wasting time waiting - I'd rather put the effort in making more money than trying to get something at RRP and get to enjoy it now.

12. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Newbie questions for the watch connoisseurs.

While I am a fan of all these shiny watches I really don’t know which ones are considered as desirable and would be a good long term investment. Not that I’m purchasing for investment purpose but if I’m spending a significant sum on a watch I would like it to be worth something in the future.

7 years ago I bought myself a Rolex sea dweller deep sea. That watch stood out to me because of its size and weight. I liked the feel of a thick heavy watch. The size suited me as you can see by my avatar. :p

Anyways I’m now considering picking up another watch. I am not a big watch wearer, since I spend most my days in sports wear. But on the occasion I do get dressed a little less casually I do like to put it on.

Like I said I like larger watches that have a substantial feel to them. I would also like something with some gold through it for some extra bling. Not really keen on full gold but something like the sea dweller with the steel and yellow gold. At 43mm it’s still a decent size.

Any other recommendations I should be looking at? Assuming I can actually get anything with the lack of stock at the moment.
    Reading through this thread I understand there is a significant market to resell my current watch. Is that something I should consider, being that I’m not a regular wearer, or is what I have a good long term investment? Where would I check what something like I currently have be worth right now?

Thank you in advance.

13. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

20211230_075930.jpg Big A, I have a few collectables in watches,but the only one that people ask about is the one I wear 24/7 ..Panerai Luminor Marina..
    Investment wise as their was a limited number made is anyone's guess but I have been offered a lot more then the money I paid..

The Falcon and Big A like this.
  14. thunderstrike888

The perfect watch for you sounds like the Rolex SkyDweller in Twin Tone. These are awesome with the command ring bezel and twin tone. They are selling for above retail these days so expect to pay between $30k-$35k for a black/white/champagne dial version.

You'd be very lucky getting anything at the authorised dealers. Not even base model Rolex's are available these days and even they are selling above MSRP. The group of real estate investors I grew up with are very large watch guys. Some of them spent more than $1M with a single dealer and even they cant get anything allocated at the moment. Just go buy grey dealer man don't waste your life waiting.

Your deep sea dweller would have went up in price for sure. That model is not that popular though due to its size its just way too big for most ppl.

Any Rolex these days you wont lose money on after a few years of enjoyment. There was an article I was reading the other day that the Chinese are even preferring to invest in luxury watches like Rolex/AP/Patek/Richard Mille etc.....rather than Real Estate. Crazy times we are in.

MTR and Big A like this.
  15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

really like these stories, purchased cos you liked it now worth much more. Can I ask what’s it worth??? But your not selling right:)

16. willair

To be honest as I have never ever paid full price for anything..
    For the Panerai ,I paid $450--00 plus buyer's premium at a weekly police seized auction house in Brisbane..
    Rolex numbered no fake at the same auction house never sell for more then $1000.00..
    With the value of that watch I'm unsure as i will never sell that item..
    Maybe above 10k plus k,as this model was limited ,and criminals have very good tastes till everything they own ends up on the auction floor with most people thinking they are fakes..

MTR likes this.
  17. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I frequent auctions, seen a few Rolexes have no clue how to spot a fake

18. willair

Buy yourself a jewellery loop with high quality lighting first maybe less $100.00 ..
    I'm not expert in watches, apart from checking the coding on the back face and suction the back off and look inside as once you look inside and the Swiss engineering inside that's one of the ways..
    With the rolex one way is the way the date lines up,and the face will not be 100 perfect and if the dail clicks it's a fake ..
    But a good experienced jewellery expect would pick the fakes straight away even if the coding outside and internal matches as most SEA countries manufacturers can match anything the Swiss can produce in one way or another..

MTR likes this.
  19. thunderstrike888

Looks like the Rolex/AP/Patek market wont be improving anytime soon. Chinese now investing in watches moreso than RE. LOL

Chinese investors choose luxury watches on home - News7h

I think if anyone was to jump on the watch game now I'd seriously look at Vacheron Constantin. These are still undervalued imho when you look at their history, prestige and they are true haute horology.

I used to love Panerai. Owned several in the past. PAM029, 088, 111, 514 and a 233. Only have the 029 left now. Should have kept the 233 as that is becoming a true collectible now.

Looks like you've enjoyed that watch. If you clean that up when you service it with a new alligator/croc strap its gonna look 10000x better. Is it a manual wind?

20. willair

No Mate,just a simple automatic I have a few more one I paid less then $180-00 ..Just depends on the day and what collectors --dealers turn up
    and if the person who is in jail sends his associate's to buy his gear back as that happens very often ..
    From what I've seen ,the major crime squad takes note of who buys ,and after they purchase the item they have a talk and search their cars ect in the carport..

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia