VIC Melbourne's south west the hottest property market in Australia

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Barny, 31st Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Spotty

Spotty Member

2015 I paid $1000 deposit in point cook, I pulled it out. Haaaa I missed the boat. Should slap my head

2. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

We could all say stuff like that! Look forward, not back :)

samiam and Spotty like this.
  3. Spotty

Spotty Member

4. Spotty

Spotty Member

Hi Melb. Which is particular suburb of SW Melbourne that we talking about??

5. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yep give yourself a Malacca slap..... :)

6. JamesP

JamesP Well-Known Member

Soon enough brown paper bags will be worth 500k once manufacturers decide to switch half their printers off.

7. PropertyInsight

PropertyInsight Well-Known Member

Slap your head today but you may think differently on another day in future. No one knows our decision is absolutely right or wrong. No need regreting about the past.

Spotty likes this.
  8. Human

Human Active Member

I am a newbie here and for Melbourne as well. Looking to buy either approx. 600sqm land & house around 350k OR land under 200k. I need your opinion for an opportunity-in-hand to buy a small land at LendLease Atherstone, Melton South, 263 sqm, 12.5 x 21, No easement, Settlement June/July 2018. This guy bought in May this year for 152k for 5% deposit & ready to change contract for 162k. He says that the contract has clause to change the nominee completely & this option was only until this release.

9. Human

Human Active Member

Do you guys see any potential here? Also the below L&H seems better option than buy & get build. Property | Atherstone

10. Air_Bender

Air_Bender Well-Known Member

Atherstone is literally on the other side of the street from my Melton South investment property. As far as estates go, Atherstone has to be one of my favourites. LendLease have done an outstanding job planning out this community. It's absolutely stunning! And judging by the amount of first home buyers buying and building there it's easy to see why.

The new shopping centre currently under construction will only add to its appeal and I'm seeing some RE agents use this in their listing description when selling Melton south property to entice buyers.

I've also heard a rumour that a new train station will be built in Atherstone which will be serviced by Metro. Personally I'm not sure how credible this is and can't justify the cost as the Melton South station is just up the road but I have heard this from a local. You can also hear the sales agent from LendLease mention the new train station in this video. But if it does turn out to be true then the station along with the new tafe, shopping centre, all levels of schooling, childcare, sporting facilities and business centre, Atherstone is definitely going to perform well in the long term, in my honest opinion.

Last edited: 5th Nov, 2017
  11. Human

Human Active Member

Thanks Air_Bender.
    I also need to understand that why within Melton, just 7km apart, land is so cheap compared to Atherstone? 365sqm for 110k. Isn't this land has more value for money?
    Stage 3 Now Selling – Botanica Springs

12. Human

Human Active Member

13. Air_Bender

Air_Bender Well-Known Member

Botanica Springs is in Brookefield. There's so much land out that way they might as well name it another country. That along with the fact that there's hardly any amenities nearby is reason enough for land to be cheap there. Personally I wouldn't buy out that way but that's just me.

Atherstone is actually closer to Melbourne than Melton South, not by a lot but still is. I dare say once all the infrastructure is done and amenities established it'll be be more popular than Melton South.

Last edited: 5th Nov, 2017
  14. Human

Human Active Member

Good news for you.
    V/Line squeeze as another western suburbs stop is announced

15. equityma

equityma Well-Known Member

what do you mean?

16. MyDarlinghurst

MyDarlinghurst Well-Known Member

i know Melbourne is the Detroit of Australia so where is the slum areas?

17. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

The what?! This is a first.

Doveton, parts of Dandy, End. Hills, Noble Park, parts of Werribee, Tarneit, Melton are lower socio-economic areas.

18. sash

sash Well-Known Member

These days where ever Sudanese youths (mostly born here) hang around.

Their days of mischief are about to end....the public pressure to sort this out is getting louder.

The question...I have is ...where are the representation of Sudanese officers.....harder to claim racism if more Sudanese or other African background officers are put in play to address this.

They need to crack down on it hard just like what they did with the Lebanese and Bikie gangs in Sydney.

19. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

very true - the Andrews gov is under pressure atm due to public outcry over lack of control. Even the premium suburbs like Essendon are having issues.

upload_2018-1-4_11-4-11.png

20. sash

sash Well-Known Member

For small fee I will get my sniper rifle and night vision googles....and sort this out. ;)

It will be like being in Mogadishu..or Khartoum all over again....:p

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia