Melbourne Townhouse Build - AC Options

Discussion in 'Development' started by JonoD, 19th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JonoD

JonoD Active Member

hi All

I'm buying 2 townhouses ( of 4 in the Dev). Close in to Melbourne CBD. Each is 2 stories plus rooftop terrace - bedrooms on the lower level, kitchen, lounge, dining/study on 2nd story.

The current design/fit out has reverse cycle AC to the 2nd story of each townhouse (ie. No AC/heating in the lower level bedroom/bathrooms). So thoughts:

1 - proceed as is
    2 - add reverse cycle units downstairs
    3 - get a ducted system to both levels

Both are IP only and I'm not likely to ever live in either. Options 2 or 3 above will cost me extra with the developer/builder.....not sure how much yet. So in terms of rental return and future value?

2. Reno Crazy

Reno Crazy Well-Known Member

It is hard to comment because you haven't given the costing of the options or what the rental return is.
    I would expect heating at a minimum in the bedrooms, though if it is cheap rent tenants can alway buy a portable heaters. On the super hot days I would just sleep up stairs in the AC. I prefer not to sleep in AC in general however you can get a run of 40+degree days in Melb.
    I would speak to a PM in the area and find out what people would expect before spending too much if you aren't going to let there.

3. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Portfolio Perth Brisbane Sydney Melbourne
    I would go the R/Cycle downstairs too.. its shouldnt be more than a couple grand so not worth cheap skating.

MTR likes this.
  4. JonoD

JonoD Active Member

Cheers, yes think I'll have the downstairs done to ( a lot simpler to do during build than later!)