VIC Melbourne - same growth in 2018 as was seen in 2017

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Magnet, 13th Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

57 Strathnaver Ave Strathmore looks like its at the end of the Runway Essendon airport.

Are you sure these properties are a true reflection of Melbournes affordability .
    O simply really bad locations used to illustrate a point?

What im saying are these good suburbs?

Or is it like Waterloo in Sydney which has really bad part in front of Housing commission.?

2. Val2000

Val2000 Active Member

Strathmore and Pascoe Vale South are sought after suburbs especially by families due to schools,parklands and are well connected by train and freeway to the CBD.

57 Strathnaver on closer look appears to be on side rather than under flight path so doesn't seem that bad. From what I understand , Essendon Airport is used primarily by private jets and is not that busy compared to other Melbourne airports (Tullamarine and Avalon)

The Y-man likes this.
  3. JamesP

JamesP Well-Known Member

Next stop Traralgon? Or Moe?

The south east corridor has already gone far. People looking to buy in Warragul and Drouin seem to have missed the boat. What a joke. How these places have already moved over 200k validates the senselessness of the fhb. Will it go as far as Genoa?

alicudi likes this.
  4. MichaelGarland

MichaelGarland Well-Known Member

Hello I was wondering do you think a one bedroom flat in Elwood would be a better investment? considering its an investment grade suburb or a 3 bedroom established property in Werribee ?

5. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

I think werribee (for the growth) than elwood for the rental yield (though not sure how popular short term is down that area)

MikeyBallarat and MichaelGarland like this.
  6. MichaelGarland

MichaelGarland Well-Known Member

Okay thanks Anywhere else i should consider on a budget of $450,000 more or less? I was considering Corio or suburbs around Geelong but i thought Werribee would have better long term growth because of proximity to Melbourne...

7. kaibo

kaibo Well-Known Member

12 k.m. east, west and north of city is a lot different. Down the east side (talking about boorondara) not many people hold these houses as IP even when credit was easy as not many people can afford 2 mil IPs.

Credit is still relative easy for owner occupiers and most of these guys are on P+I. So I think the first to drop in price will be those areas and property types that are with high proportion of IP (people/banks will always sell IP first and PPOR only as last resort)

8. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

14 Erica Avenue, St Albans, Vic 3021 - Property Details

9. hieund85

hieund85 Well-Known Member

Not always true. People may choose to sell PPOR first since it is free of CGT.

10. jimmy

jimmy Well-Known Member

I can’t speak for now but I know Traralgon housing is really starting to move (probs not as hot as Warragul), it may have something to do with the fhb grant as well as general affordability

11. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

@TMNT may have bought it..... :eek:

Melbourne Airport Rail

The Y-man

TMNT likes this.
  12. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

It'll still be pretty noisy though. On the "wrong" side of Essendon AP to be honest - the DFO side of course is better ;)

The Y-man

13. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

yup - was the highest sale last week auction.

upload_2018-4-17_13-28-36.png

14. Val2000

Val2000 Active Member

And DFO side is quite a bit more expensive! Very hard or next to impossible to get a 4 bdr for 1.2 mill on DFO side in Strathmore

But look, Westfield is closer to Strathnaver!

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.