VIC Melbourne Rental Market

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by jacbak, 3rd Oct, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jacbak

jacbak New Member

Hey all, just wanting to get your feel of the Melbourne rental market over the past few years. I have two rental properties (Hawthorn East and Black Rock) and I haven't seen any movement in rent over the past 2-4 years.

What's everyone else's feel on this?

Cheers
    jacbak

2. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

All our IP's have had small but steady increments with no issues. Very little vacancies too.

The Y-man

3. jacbak

jacbak New Member

Cheers Y-man, have definitely noticed the low vacancy rates and am lucky enough to have had amazing tenants for 5 and 10 years each in each property.

4. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member

Generally reasonably steady increases for most properties in my experience. I do have a few that we did rent increases this time last year though and this year not increasing due to different stock (mainly areas with newer builds/apartments)

5. Michelle Evans

Michelle Evans Well-Known Member

Different side of town to what you're in - but in the West we've seen generally regular increases unless you're in a newly developing area - there's a lot of oversupply in new estate so those who built first (say in stage 1 or stage 2 of a 15-30 stage estate) will generally need to wait a few years until increases come.

Michael Mitchell likes this.