Melbourne: Renovating bathroom to add a toilet & adding a Shower area to a Laundry

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Gypsyblood, 13th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gypsyblood

Gypsyblood Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I have a 3,1,1 IP that i want to put in another bathroom in. It will increase rent-ability as well as the current rent i am getting by 20/Wk. Its older style property with a shower, sink and bath separate to the toilet. I was thinking of the below:

1. Put a clear screen and a shower head where the bath is in the existing bathroom and converting the shower space into a toilet. I have a picture i have attached.
    2. Putting a free standing shower in the laundry room which has enough space. Sorry dont have a picture for this one.

Has anyone else done something similar? Do you have anyone you recommend who can do this? Please PM if more comfortable sharing details that way.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

ellejay likes this.
  2. Kate

Kate Well-Known Member

hey @Gypsyblood , did you get any recommendations ? How did your reno go? I am asking because I might be doing the same soon...

3. Gypsyblood

Gypsyblood Well-Known Member

No unfortunately

4. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I'd be loath to change the bathroom in the photo. It is dated, but to rip out the bath and install a shower and toilet would mean re-waterproofing (unless you can slip in one of those fully encased shower cubicles).