VIC MELBOURNE NORTHERN SUBURBS ADVICE

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by ZAY, 15th Oct, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ZAY

ZAY Member

Hi guys, let me get straight in to it....

Budget is between 400-500k...
    Areas/property types I am looking at and need guidance on which would be most ideal for investment.

Meadow Heights:
    3 bedroom houses decent build size on about 450-550sqm blocks in the range between 470-500k.

Craigieburn:
    Small-Average size build 3 bedroom townhouses or houses on lands between 220-320sqm prices between $420-480k

Epping:
    3 bedroom established townhouses near Mill Park side or H&L package 3bedroom closer to Wollert side for prices between 450-500k on blocks 220-300sqm

Jacana:
    3 Bedroom established, mostly renovated, townhouses on small land for 420-460k

My plan will be to rent out for maybe about 3-5 years and then either move in or look at buying another property. Considerng I might move in and with my child, Epping area looks probably the most ideal as it has lower crime rate and higher median household income, which are probably the most important indicators for me for livability.

Putting that aside, which do you think area and/or property has the best balance balance between good rental yield and capital growth?

2. ZAY

ZAY Member

Sorry and add older house option in Epping on 500sqm av block 3 bedroom in the high 400s

mvmpc likes this.
  3. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

See my posts in:

Strategy for a Young Adult

The Y-man

ZAY likes this.
  4. ZAY

ZAY Member

Thanks that was a good thread to read.
    So it seems you and I are on the same page with choosing Epping over Meadow Heights

5. Ko Ko Naing

Ko Ko Naing Well-Known Member

Not sure about others, Jacana would be at the bottom of my list. Just my personal view though. :)

Matyd likes this.