Melbourne lockdown protests 19 Sep 21

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Stoffo, 19th Sep, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Watching the actions of these people who call themselves Australian attacking police in Melbourne on the news is so disappointing :( (they shame us all :mad:)

"Police have arrested 235 people during violent anti-lockdown protests in Melbourne today, with 10 officers injured."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BAggEAE&usg=AOvVaw2HRzsdQoD_TbmEZOVHfCEw&cf=1

Protesting is one thing, violence is the complete opposite and completely detracts from the cause o_O

I've said it before, pepper spray should contain Bank dye so protesters not arrested on the day (due to lack of resources) can easily be identified for many days afterwards :D

craigc, Joynz, The Y-man and 2 others like this.
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

And yet in the cities where police weren't boxing in / blockading protestors the events were miraculously uneventful :rolleyes:

2FAST4U likes this.
  3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Not quite, the police were highly visible around Sydney.

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Oct, 2021
    geoffw likes this.
  4. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

And Sydney was the only other city with protests under lockdown.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Not sure what your point is.

Thousands gathered across Brisbane, Perth, and Adelaide, protested their freedoms, and were largely uneventful.

In Melbourne large groups of marching protesters were boxed in by police and you're agreeing with the narrative that the clash happened because the protestors came looking to "have a fight with the police"?

What does police visibility in Sydney have to do with anything? Did the police try to box in protestors that outnumbered them?

2FAST4U likes this.
  6. Truly Exotic

Truly Exotic Well-Known Member

I've given up on them idiots.
    I've actually wondered if it would be better if police just completely ignore them and let them huff and puff and eventually they will get bored and go on to the next trendy cause, like when you deal with a temper tantrum of a toddler

craigc, Lizzie and Stoffo like this.
  7. Truly Exotic

I've always wondered since the start of this pandemic these protestors that are fined $1000-$5000, I'm guessing they're not lawyers or doctors, and they don't pay their fines as part of their protest but unless they never intend to get a loan or spend their lives being chased by sherrifs how do they get by without paying.

I am devastated when my speeding fine goes up by $70 in fees because I forget to pay

8. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

The difference is that, unlike Melbourne and Sydney, those cities are not in lock down so different laws apply.

Stoffo, Joynz and geoffw like this.
  9. Millie

Millie Well-Known Member

The protestors in Perth weren’t exactly sure what they were protesting about. A very funny news segment showed ..

Journo: “What are you wanting/protesting?”
    Protestor: “Freedom”
    Journo “In WA there is no lockdown.”

Journo “What are you protesting?”
    Protestor: “Mandatory vaccination”.
    Journo: “But it’s not mandatory.”

Protestor: “You media are the problem”
    Journo: “Where do you get your truthful/accurate/source info?”
    Protestor: “From the internet.”

Journo asking some far right/badged/Nazi allied protestor a question about his jacket,
    Response: “F*** off!”

It was so funny.

craigc, Stoffo, Shazz@ and 7 others like this.
  10. geoffw

And so people were boxed in and blockaded? That doesn't seem at all violent. And that's sufficient cause for attacking police, and for violence?

There's an epidemic around, and people are understandably upset about the lockins. They are difficult to ensure. But they are protecting health and lives. We have a very low infection rate as compared with many other countries. Latest figures - about 1/50th of the deaths per head of population than the US or UK.

So given that people don't like lockins, they gather in mass without masks, probably ensuring that there will be more infections and longer lockins.

wylie and Marg4000 like this.
  11. twobobsworth

twobobsworth Well-Known Member

What vaccination rate are people allow to protest?

12. Truly Exotic

110%...... but they'd still be protesting

Scott No Mates likes this.
  13. geoffw

For Covid sceptics and anti vaxxers - anything above zero.

wylie likes this.
  14. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
    Pepper spray, handcuffs, mounted police. All needed to protect police from young thugs who just came to pick a fight with police. Seriously? Try looking at them as a group of people who have been under virtual house arrest by Andrews for the best part of 18 months. People who are tired, angry, exhausted by the mindless spin being dished up to them day by day.

The vast majority of the people most susceptible to COVID (people aged over 70) have been vaccinated. It's unfathomable that we still have lockdowns.

Phar Lap and Guest like this.
  15. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

The white supremacist group in Vic are looking for fights .....using same tactics as football thugs in UK.

There idiocy is funny.

The fact is they represent a danger they are white, and the Vic Police will have no choice but to shut them down. It isn't COVID they care about, it's another agenda.

I hope they are so dumb they don’t get vacxed so they get sick. Then they will weaken

16. geoffw

People over 70 most susceptible? Really?
    Screenshot_2021-09-19-13-30-20-54.jpg
    COVID-19 cases by age group and sex

Things have changed since Delta. While the deaths are occurring in older people and people with other conditions, there are a lot of younger people getting very sick.

wylie likes this.
  17. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Well, I’ve been in Melbourne’s lockdowns too. And myself and the other millions of Victorians who weren’t at the march have somehow managed to rise above our exhaustion and not travel to the city centre to rush at the police!

How did we do it? Through remembering common decency and caring for our community.

craigc, Truly Exotic, Stoffo and 4 others like this.
  18. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
    Most people that get COVID will be sick for a week and recover.

upload_2021-9-19_13-16-46.png

I don't support lockdowns and this will be my last post in this topic as I no longer care about COVID. There are millions of Australians that have the same attitude as me despite what the media portrays.

19. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

The problem is, if there was no lockdown there would be many more cases and many more deaths and so much greater need for hospitalisations. The hospitals are struggling as it is currently.
    But the general public don’t realise the lockdowns are minimising the cases and deaths because the lockdowns are working as intended.
    Best way out now is to get as many people vaccinated as soon as possible, still keeping our distance while the virus is still circulating and while we have a sizeable population of vulnerable people. Once we all get double vaxxed, then we can all be back to normal/near normal life.

Last edited: 19th Sep, 2021
    wylie, Lizzie, Joynz and 1 other person like this.
  20. Truly Exotic

every couple of weeks I sit back and ask myself the same question "has the media made it a bigger deal than what it is" and should I just ignore most of it like the protestors

that being said, I dont know anyone who got it, so maybe thats why too

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.