VIC Melbourne is on the move

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by 380, 25th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. juzzy

juzzy Well-Known Member

Only an issue if you are near one of the lakes. There are plenty of pockets where you would never see a snake. Almost everyone I know lives in Taylors Lakes, only my uncle gets snakes.

Having said that, I still wouldn't invest there. :p

2. tone1

tone1 Active Member

I live in Taylors Lakes for most of my life, next to the lake in fact where the snakes are in summer, and I've had one come into our backyard. We called the council and they got rid of it. How on earth as they getting inside the house?

In terms of investment, the consensus is against, but I've noticed prices go up quite a bit recently. Bigger houses with some modest renovations are selling for 700K-800K now, which I think is pretty impressive for an outer-suburb in the west. People are buying in and flipping houses as the area has aged to the extent where most houses need updating. TL also has good public transport infrastructure whereas the new areas have nothing, so I think that's a driver for prices going up here more than in newer neighboring suburbs further from the station. Also, Keilor's prices have been bumping lately and I think that's having a ripple effect on TL.

There are still better areas to invest, TL is more of a PPOR suburb to me.

juzzy likes this.
  3. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@juzzyc ,
    Does that means VIC - Plumpton VIC 3335 is better place to buy compare to Caroline Springs ?

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

you originally posted this some 12 months ago and you were right Melbourne market has been briliant for all the reasons you mentioned. I see continued strong market for 2016/17.. keep going you beautiful thing